• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need Advice/Help! What can i do? Excess fat/skin. Im male.

Benvarndell

Ok so when growing up I was raised my rather large parents (18-22stone at times) and so i was fed alot of junk food. I became rather fat, about 13st 8 points i think was my highest, this was when i was about 13 and still really short.

Being that age and depressed, i began depriving myself of food and playing football everyday even though i hated it, just to try and feel normal. I eventually started losing weight and then had a massive growth spurt at 14/15 at which point i shot up to 6ft and have stayed there since.

My problem is, you look at me, and you would think im a very skinny man. However this is not the case, and it drives me mental claiming that im not indeed carrying any weight i shouldnt.

Im now 22, and for the last 8 years or so, ive not been able to lose that last bit of stomach fat.

I have tried various diets, all to no avail.

Im not particularly fat at all, i just have a very large saggy abdominal area.

Even spending 2 months pushing myself as hard as i could at the gym, taking protein shakes, eating clean foods. I noticed muscle being built, and i lost weight in my face, arms, legs, just not my stomach.

Like i said im now 22 and ive decided enough is enough. For the last month i took up cycling and will continue. Whilst ive noticed i look slimmer in area's, the stomach fat i have, which was already watery and saggy, seems to not be going away, but just getting more watery and saggy.

For the last month I have been burning about 1000-1500 cals on 30 mile rides every other day whilst consuming about 1500-2000 calories a day in fruit, vedge, oats, white meats, as little dairy as possible, all clean foods. And although i feel amazing, legs are toning up, arms are toning up, my stomach and chest is not. I know cycling doesnt increase abdominal muscle that much, but it should still burn the fat. Yet after years of excercise, and doing this now, it still wont budge.

Im sorry for such a long post, but im incredibly unhappy with my body. I feel if you want results, you should work hard for them, which i have, but it just wont pay off....

I have NEVER gone to a puclic place topless just because of this, yet ive worked so hard for a good body, and still do, it honestly makes me just want to cry.

Also having so much fat/skin in that area, causes me back aches sitting down, its harder to sit up straight, i feel heavier than i should cycling, its horrid and i want free of it.

****SKIP TO HERE TO AVOID LIFE STORY XD****

My stomach is just watery, loose, i can push my hand into my stomach and feel hard abs from working out, you just cant see them.

Im at a loss, and im considering surgery ,i feel it really is my last hope..

Im going to post some pictures, please let me know if you guys think its the best course of action.

Library Slideshow by AciPunkEx | Photobucket

Thank you for the support! :wave_cry:

Yvessa

I'm not really sure that we can give you much advice. Have you tried any of the bodybuilding forums? Most people here are not having surgery for cosmetic reasons, but for health. I can see its obviously upsetting you, but am not really sure anyone here is well placed to give you advice.

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Hi

In my opinion you look absolutely fine, you are very slim and for your body shape, in proportion. You are a classic ectomorph, ie you have narrow shoulders and hips and not much muscle mass OR fat.

If you were to ask a personal trainer how to achieve the look you desire they would probably tell you to
concentrate on gaining size and weight in the form of lean muscle mass, with workouts kept short and intense with a slower pace. You may be surprised but they will also tell you that cardio is best avoided until weight and muscle mass has increased sufficiently.

They could also give you some advice re your diet, which should be high in quality calories, assisted with protein shakes, as well as healthy oils . Before bed a meal containing protein and low GI ingredients is beneficial as it provides a slow release of calories throughout the night, which helps to prevent muscle breakdown.

This is just what I have picked up through years of going to the gym, I'm no expert ;)

So in summary, you look absolutely fine but if you want to get the body you desire you need to make some changes. Try and address these confidence issues you have first though, whether that's a trip to your GP or taking up a new training regime. You are very young and its perfectly normal to feel insecure about your body but you can change things.

Good luck! x