• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

constipation

Anyone else suffer? I havent taken any laxatives as i dont want to have to run for the toilet lol.. any idras? X

Take some movicol regularly instead. much better and gentler than laxatives ;)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

The easy answer is fluids! Lots of them.

Drink as much water/tea/fruit juice/NAS squash as you can, all day. Prune juice has a laxative effect.

I think the liquid diet has really stopped me from suffering.

I'm sure others will be along with advice too.

The only thing that helped me is movicol. I still take a sachet each morning, and it really helps. Hope you find something that works for you! x

when I've had issues I take dulcoease in a green and silver box, light gentle but more importantly a tiny tiny tablet that doesn't get stuck with the band :)

I buy a combination of blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries.....in fact any berries and put them in a bowl with a can of apple slices. It all goes into the microwave for about 8 to 10 minutes without any water or sugar. It then gets frozen till I need it. lasts for ages. A couple of tablespoons for breakfast soon sorts me out

Even before I had the band I have always had problems with constipation. So since having the band it's been worse as I have been using laxative almost everyday. Ducolax, is the name of the tablet. It really helps.

I find prune juice does the job :)

I use Psyllium husks every morning and try to drink as much as I can (1.5lt. min, a day).
Some times it works, some it doesn't but I don't fancy laxatives and, anyway, the problem is that we eat such tiny portions with only a few fibres from fruit and vegetables.

I swear by glycerine suppositories, as they stimulate the bowel to move. They also tend to work after 10-15 mins, so can be used as and when you need them.

Great helpful thread..I always get constipation on a diet no matter what diet I did
I find no matter how much fluids I drink and I do drink the required amount..I still end up with it
So Its a occasional senna tablet for me Im afraid :/

Ouchhhhh the pain . I never had problems in that dept before but I had to get some dulcolese and crush them in a pestle and mortar then into some milk (still on liquids) . Was quick and painless ...sheer relief

Back