• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Consulation for Band today, decided to go for Bypass!!! Booked in on 30th March!!!!!

Auntie Bee

I just booked my bypass today, had planned on having a band fitted but after talking it through have decided to go for the bypass!!!! Cant wait!!!! :):):)

Oh Bee great news, really happy for you. Have you got your name on the op dates thread yet, cuz it aint long chucks! x

Am I ever, its like waiting for xmas lol

Yeah probably, I did start one about my pre op diet, but I would end up writing the same everyday, as its horrid, so I stopped. I don't want to harp on about that though as you have got to do it for 6wks...bless ya! I wish you lots of luck, strengh and will power for that chucks. x

what made u decide bypass over band if thats ok 2 ask ?

The doctor weighed up the pros and cons of both, and also spoke to patient care co-ordinator, her son has bypass and she had band, just from her stories and the docs opinion i decided bypass was right for me! Can i ask why you were banded twice??

i was de and rebanded in august after 3.5 years the band had a twist/ fracture in thro no fault of my own, the fill tube had also disconnected from the band end so i couldnt have any more fills. so i needed a complete replacement.

no i was originally nhs banded so i have life time after care.

i wish you the best of luck with your bypass and i hope all goes well 4 u, both me and my sister have bands, my neice had a bypass and shes doing fabulous x

your very welcome hunny, i hope wls brings u all ur dreams and expectations x

Bee congrats on the banding not long now until your a loser :) it will fly by, do you know what pre-op diet you will be doing?

Booked in for bypass on 30th March 09 in Nuffield Leeds, anyone else there that day??

Anyone know of anyone else in Nuffield Leeds 30th March???

Back