• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

anyone converted from band to bypass????

lea-lea

Anyone converted from band to bypass?? i have had my band since feb 2006 and did very well and lost about 7-8 stone but had a few problems early this year and had to have it emptied!!! and put on 3 stone in weight!

I have since been re-tightened but Dosnt seem to matter what i do the only way i lose weight is if i go on a liquid diet! i am desperate to get back into my lovely clothes and cant face being big again!

So was thinking of getting my surgeon to convert to bypass for me! has anyone done this ????? of course its gong to cost even more :eek: but i cant be big again

Hi lea-lea, I can't think of any of our regular members here who have, but I could be wrong :)

i have a freind going from a BAND TO A BYPASS, i havent spoken to him for a while, i will contact him and find out how things went for him.

liz x

they will only consider this in extreme cases, of food addiction to the extreme other wise its a no no they make ya see councilers ect to make sure that u been working with the band 100%, long process on the nhs

That's interesting to know liz...I remember my consultant saying he hated it when people came back after the band and wanted the bypass he believed they should of researched it more before hand....I guess they should advise us on both options I am glad with the choice I made though...xx

when i went to see the consultant there was a woman there who was having similar problems to you. she had had her band done privatly but had been refered via NHS because she was having so many problems. She came out saying she was going to have a bypass.
HTH
HC

Back