• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Consulation for Band today, decided to go for Bypass!!! Booked in on 30th March!!!!!

it does get easier, all diets have a tough couple of first days, focus on whats important, like learning everything you need to know about the op and what you need to do

Auntie Bee thats so exciting, I am having bypass on 18th March, Im also really excited!
Do you have a pre op diet to follow? Which one is it?

Good luck with your pr op diet Bee. x

Hi Bee
hope the diet is going OK
I am in the pre op stage am due to meet surgeon in approx May / June I have always said band and NO WAY bypass.
My only reason :
Its forever and can not be reversed should there be a problem.
I dont know if this is a good enough reason.
I know that you lose more weight with a bypass and quicker.
Is it possible to still lose the same amount of weight but just over a longer period do you know ?
xx

Hi all,

Thanks for the comments!!!

Sassy I'm on a low fat diet for 6 weeks! It's not too bad actually, all normal food like weetabix, salad, pasta etc, just am always hungry, cant wait to get rid of the hunger feeling!

Fatbutnot4eva I felt exactly the same about the bypass but the surgeon talked me through it, because of my age (29) he thinks that if i get the band there is a very high chance i will need to get it taken out or replaced in the future maybe 5 years or 10 years or 20 but either way he said i'll almost deffo need more surgery. The bypass has less long term complications, and at the end of the day i want this to last forever so i decided it was the better option for me.

Back