• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Consultation Today

robyn_s

Hi everyone,

I am off for my consultation for a band today in Cardiff with Dr Ashton of Healthier Weight. I would love hear from anyone who has had experience of Healthier Weight and what I should expect in the coming weeks/months.

Thanks
Robyn xx

Carnt help sorry but wanted to wish u luck ;) good luck Hun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Good Luck with ur consultation xx

Thank you for the good lucks. Have just got back from Cardiff, consultation went well, although I didn't see Dr Ashton I was very impressed with them. So much so I have booked my op for Feb 25th in Manchester. Very exciting. Pre op diet starts tomorrow yay!!

robyn_s said:
Hi everyone,

I am off for my consultation for a band today in Cardiff with Dr Ashton of Healthier Weight. I would love hear from anyone who has had experience of Healthier Weight and what I should expect in the coming weeks/months.

Thanks
Robyn xx

Hi there. I had my consultation with dr Ashton and am now booked in for the 31st march. I be heard really good reports x

tizzbo said:
Hi there. I had my consultation with dr Ashton and am now booked in for the 31st march. I be heard really good reports x

I hope your op goes well, I am just coming to the end of my first two weeks post op. Healthier Weight have been great. Good luck for the 31st xx

I am starting to feel much better. I wont lie it has been an up and down couple of weeks - Just as I was approaching the 10 days mark where I could have a shower and take my dressing off (i had single incision) I got a blinking wound infection and I think an allergy to the dressing. I am antibiotics now and feel like I am turning a corner.
I would suggest you take at least a week of from work and really take it easy.

Each day I feel like I can take in more fluid, and have just started to introduce a little bit of soft food. I can really feel the difference and definitely feel fuller quicker and for longer. Once you get your healthier Weight forum details through (although I had to request mine) you should get on there and introduce yourself, they are (as they are here) a really nice bunch. I hope I have been of some help. Let me know how you get on. Where are you going to have it done? I had to go to Manchester which was a bit of an arse as I live in Bristol, but they were good up there although you have to keep on at the hospital staff if you need something. :) xx

robyn_s said:
I am starting to feel much better. I wont lie it has been an up and down couple of weeks - Just as I was approaching the 10 days mark where I could have a shower and take my dressing off (i had single incision) I got a blinking wound infection and I think an allergy to the dressing. I am antibiotics now and feel like I am turning a corner.
I would suggest you take at least a week of from work and really take it easy.

Each day I feel like I can take in more fluid, and have just started to introduce a little bit of soft food. I can really feel the difference and definitely feel fuller quicker and for longer. Once you get your healthier Weight forum details through (although I had to request mine) you should get on there and introduce yourself, they are (as they are here) a really nice bunch. I hope I have been of some help. Let me know how you get on. Where are you going to have it done? I had to go to Manchester which was a bit of an arse as I live in Bristol, but they were good up there although you have to keep on at the hospital staff if you need something. :) xx

Thank you so much for advice. I'm having mine done in London with mr Patel on 31st. I live in-between Swindon and bath. I had my consultation in Cardiff. Did you get forum details post or pre op. I'm having single incision as I thought it would be a quick recovery. I've booked a week off but maybe I'll book two off just in case. I look forward to hearing your progress. Are you going to go to Cardiff for your fills ? I'm glad your feeling better

I went to Cardiff for my consultation too but I couldn't get in for my fill so I am off to birmingham. If and when I need another fill I hope to go to cardiff.
I got the forum details pre-op but I did have to ask for them. I think the single incision is a quicker recovery - I just had a bit of bad luck with the infection, but I do think that that is mainly due to having a reaction to the dressings. Wishing you the best of luck xx

robyn_s said:
I went to Cardiff for my consultation too but I couldn't get in for my fill so I am off to birmingham. If and when I need another fill I hope to go to cardiff.
I got the forum details pre-op but I did have to ask for them. I think the single incision is a quicker recovery - I just had a bit of bad luck with the infection, but I do think that that is mainly due to having a reaction to the dressings. Wishing you the best of luck xx

Hey all done and all ok. It's been two weeks today and it took about 8 days to feel ok. I'm on purée now so much better than liquid. I do get full really quick which is so wierd. How is your weight loss going and have you had first fill yet ?

I'm having mine with Prof Favretti on 28th April.

They told me that not everyone gets SILS as when they go in they may find something that means multi would be safer

Did you get yours SILS ?

Piglet99 said:
I'm having mine with Prof Favretti on 28th April.

They told me that not everyone gets SILS as when they go in they may find something that means multi would be safer

Did you get yours SILS ?

Yeah had sils all ok. Site for a few days but generally ok now.

Back