• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has anyone had their op done via healthier weight in birmingham or Spire Cardiff?

Phojay

middle name OPTIMISTIC!!!
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had their gastric band or gastric bypass done via healthier weight in birmingham? I've been reading a lot of literature about both options and have had contact with someone called Laura Bastable in healthier weight who works with Dr Ashton. I feel the next step is to make an appointment with them to discuss options but first wanted to see if anyone had any unbiased oppinions!!

Also have been considering Spire Cardiff if anyone has been there?

Many thanks in advance

Last edited:
didnt want to read and run...had my surgery with The Weight Loss Group so cant help sorry....im sure someone will have some info and pop in and say hi:D

HI, I am with Dr Ashton in Birmingham. I have my op on 30th April at Spire Solihull with Dr Super.

I have spoken with Laura who is brilliant. I has my appointment last week.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. They are doing a special and you can have the easyband for 6950 in Manchester. I would have snapped this up but the travel is problem for me as we ahve 2 small children and haven't told anyone.

Where are you based?

I'm actually based near Chepstow in S Wales. There isn't a great deal of choice round here for weight loss surgery and so started looking at healthier weight in birmingham with Dr Ashton, but after some more thought have decided that it's to far to go for surgery and aftercare as I too have have 3 small children. Looks like its going to have to be Cardiff with Spire health group.

On the verge of ringing to make an appointment but SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO scared!!!

I had my bypass through Healthier Weight, but in Manchester. Fortunately, I live 5 mins from the hospital. I did have my op the same day as a couple of other girls, one from Sheffield and one from North London! Healthier Weight are a great company, the after care I am receiving is great - I am now 11 months post op and have started to visit once a week for a weigh in and dietary and fitness advice to help me lose more weight. I am lucky that I am so local, but if you can use this company, then I would recommend them. Also, in Manchester, Dr Amorri does the ops and he is one of the top 3 bariatric surgeons in the world.
PM me if you want any further info on the company.
Charlotte
x

Hello!
I have had my op done through Healthier Weight, the aftercare they offer is brilliant and they really do give you a personal service and make you feel like care - it does not feel like it is all about the money at all which in honesty, I think it is the case in some companies I phoned initially.
Doctor.Ashton is one of the worlds leading experts in obesity and Mr.Amorri is a fantastic surgeon- you are definitely in safe hands with him!!
Healthier weight offer a 24hr emergency helpline and have regular support groups with other people who have had WLS. They also phone to check how you are getting on and are also available via email contact.
I travelled to Manchester to have my surgery...I live about 3 hours away from M'chester but it was definitely worth making that journey!! I now attend the follow ups in Birmingham which is the most local for me which is about an hour away from where I live but having this surgery done is the best decision I have ever made in my life.
I am now about 4month on from surgery and have lost 4 stone and am on target and it feels great...it has not all been easy though- it does not just do it all for me which naively I kinda thought it would do, all the old habbits are still there of turning to 'comfort food' when I am stressed out/fed up/in pain etc etc
Anywayyy....good luck!! ;)
:party0011: Xxx Lizzie xxX :party0011:

Back