• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cosmetic Bliss

ravelling

Grateful bypasser
I've just started out on the path of investigating different routes to getting my reconstructive surgery done. (I need a tummy tuck and my boobs lifting. If I won the lottery I would have my arms, things and face lifted too, but I live in the real world ;) )

I think the chances of NHS surgery are slim to non-existant, even though I have lost 12 stones and my BMI is 25 now, with the hope that I can get it under 25 in the very near future.

I've contacted quite a few private surgeons, both here and abroad with an initial query.

Some have asked me to make consultation appointments, some have simply asked when I want the op doing and to email them a photo of my body.

One of the clinics I contacted was Cosmetic Bliss. I recieved a really helpful email from them, advising that their surgeon recommends that I allow my weight and body shape to settle for up to two years before having surgery in order to get the best results.

I have no affiliation with any organisation, but found it refreshingly honest, in a competitive world, that they would respond in this way.

Just something to think about for now :)

Gill

This is very interesting Gill. After any major weightloss it will take the body time to adjust and after two years it is likley to have settled down increasing the chances for successful plastics work. I suppose for a lot of people the issue is having lost the weight getting rid of the excess skin, particularly if it is causing problems which would make a two year wait difficult. Like you say it is good to find a company who do not just want to take your money and run!

tranquil x

I agree, its refreshing in this day and age that they havent quoted their price and booked you in without even any consultation! 2 yrs seems a long time but it does make sense our bodies do shift around a lot with weight loss. Good Luck with your search :D XX

Just to let you know I used Cosmetic Bliss for my gastric Sleeve, and I would recommend them to everyone.

Deborah who is half of the uk side of the partnership lost her weight witha lap band and then had her tummy tuck, she was a theatre nurse for about 20 years and knows exactly what she wants for her patients so that they get the best service for the best price.
She started the business after getting her lap band done abroad and it costing an extra £2000 for nights in the hospital because she didn't feel happy enough to leave after the inital night.
She will see you each and every day while you are away and is a lovely, bubbly full of information character.
The thing that swung it for me with them was the detail there email asked for when I wanted to find out initially about a band/sleeve.
Just so you know other 1/2 of cosmetic Bliss is her husband Michael, who has had a sleeve and is another mind of information.
Please contact them again, they really will have your best interests at heart, or if you have any questions for a patient thats used them, please ask.

Gill we had a plastic surgeon at our support group this week and jokingly someone asked about a BuyOneGetOneFree he told us it's buy one get 20% off the next one so this could be an option for any surgery you consider.... Also when you go for your nhs consultation (or if you don't get referred ask your dr who he would refer you to if he could) ask the doctor concerned if he does private work? The chap at our meeting is nhs but does private too x

Back