• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

coughing

JOWOOD4

I had my op on Tuesday night but I am developing quite a cough. It is agony to cough on the wound but I wonder if i can do any damage to the band as it is so new.
Getting myslef in quite a state now which I am sure is making it worse
Hope someone can help
JO XX

i coughed abit after my op but it was coz of the pipe they put down ur throat and all tne muck that goes on ur chest thats y u need to do ur breathing exercises xx

try doing controlled coughing. to do this you need to take 3-5 deep breaths in and than force a breath out. Do this several times it will induce coughing but it loosens any gunk in yr chest. Whilst doing it hold a pillow over yr chest with yr arms wrapped around it!! it will support yr scars and help cushion everything!!!
This is the regime that is given to people who have had open heart surgery and by doing this you have more control over yr coughing and less stress on yr wounds but if yr cough gets worse see yr GP in case yr starting with an infection!!!

awww massive hugs, its awful isnt it and its lik eyou waiting for a "bing" of the band. 2 days after having mine we all got the sickness bug and that was horrendous as couldnt bend down to the loo so had to hold the window sill and wounds at same time,

Really hope your better soon xx

Back