• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got a problem need advice

baby jayne

Hi I really need help and advice of all you experienced banders.
I have been having some work done on my house that should have been done while I was on holiday, there was a few reasons it wasn't finished when I returned and subsequently I have been around a lot of dust etc....now the problem started last Wednesday when I had been coughing quite a lot, this was in my throught more than a chesty cough (sorry to be blunt but nothing is coughing up), so as I am due to have surgery V soon I thought I would go to the Doctors. The doc said my chest was clear and if I felt it wasn't any better to call back and a prescription fot anti-biotics will be there for me. It never eased so I thought get a prescription best to be safe than sorry.
I have been on antibiotics 2 4x a day since Saturday and I am still coughing a very dry cough with nothing coming up, I can feel around the throught area an irritating tickle and feel that I may have Cattarhh there though.
I am really worried that surgery may be cancelled on Saturday, so thought ring up the contact for my Surgeon and explain...so she says that she will email the Anaethetist and Surgeon and get back to me. She did say she thinks that if my chest is clear I may be ok to have surgery, but I am concerned about doing damage to my stomach if I am coughing a lot after surgery...what should I do?????????:(:(

Have you considered that it is the start of hay fever season? some years i start with a dry cough, rather then the congestion or itchy eyes

I don't suffer from anything at all in that way, I have no allergies other than Penacillen. I am wandering if its all the dust thats been around, but its been over 1 week now and it is still the same.

Any recommendations for getting rid of gunk in your pipes lol!!

i started suffering with a runny nose and an occasional tickly cough after 2 days on the pre-op, when i was at my gp the nurse suggested that it could be due to doing the pre-op diet and not having any wheat, processed foods etc? its a long shot but perhaps that is what it is? im going for a second pre-op tomorrow and am wondering if i should tell them also? but i do understand what you mean about coughing after the surgery also. sorry im no help but i would talk to the cons/anesth to put your mind at ease?

I would take a deep breath and stop worrying, have you considered that it might be stress causing the cough, it has happened to me before. Just a thought. x

hello i had a dreadful cough the week of my op but to help clear it i was advised to pour hot water in a bowl and put a towel over and breath in the steam and that worked wonders for me give it a try and see if that helps..

allergies can come on at any time. i would contact the Dr again and ask if you could have an inhaler as my sone never wheezed just coughed and it was down to dust allergy. worth asking you never know it may help.
hc

Thanks for replys, I will borrow my nephews inhaler think it may help and I will try steam too.

Just having some boiled honey lemon with no brandy as on pre-op.

Hi Cherry

Cough still the same, nothing coming up.
It feels more dry and tickly.

Have took all your advice and got catarhh pastells, hacks and honey & lemon...plus antibiotics so apart from putting the hoover down my throught then I am puzzled as to what else I can do!!

No news from the Hospital, so I am going on Saturday and I will hopefully be done then...pray pray pray!!:)

Back