• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Countdown time…

39 days to go till my Hubbie & I board the plane to CZ, 41 days till we both get our sleeves :D

Lots of mixed emotions at the moment. Off to tell our Doctor tomorrow, which is the first he is going to know about it so will be interesting to hear what he has to say…

We are both mega busy at work so we will be at the airport before we know it. In the meantime will keep a eye on this place reading all the fantastic sharings and picking up all the good tips folks are sharing.:grouphugg:

Have already started making a list of things to take.. Towels, including one to stand on after taking a shower, lots of small change for the vending machine, multi-vits, plenty of reading material.

Anyone else got some "must takes" ???

Well we are just back from the Docs and he was so laid back about it all I had to check he didn't have a mattress tied to his back.

Said procedure was nothing to worry about, offered us both a print out of our medical history and then waved us off.

Hubbie asked, if there are any issues when we get back, will the fact that we had the surgery done in another country be a problem, Docs reply.. Was “no not at all, any issues I will refer you to the weight management clinic in Liverpool”.

As nice as it was not to be challenged it would have also been nicer if he had actually shown an interest… but hey ho, that’s why we never bothered with going via the Doc & NHS in the first place…

great news from your GP about supporting you and great that you and your hubby are being "done" together - an exciting journey to go on together

xxxx

Baby wipes & a loose non underwired bra ( not for hubby!) & lip salve. My lips dried out something chronic & lip salve saved them from cracking.

Have already started making a list of things to take.. Towels, including one to stand on after taking a shower, lots of small change for the vending machine, multi-vits, plenty of reading material.

Anyone else got some "must takes" ???[/QUOTE]

Diet shake packs and mixing cup for the day you arrive, and possibly the next day (depends whether you're having surgery on the tues or wed)

Eye mask if you struggle to sleep in the day

Smart phone/ipad etc for internet and contact, also for google translate (prob wont need it but just in case)

Make sure you inform your bank that you will be paying for surgery in the CR, and not to block payment, also make sure limit is big enough

A few euros

Good luck!!

Dry mouth spray was a godsend for me. You can get it in boots for £2.50. Lip balm was also a must, as your lips can get quite dry.

Some teabags if you want a decent drink, the nurses will boil the kettle for you in their little room behind reception and get you some milk for it. What they give you to drink, I found undrinkable!

Also if there is anything you know works for you to get rid of trapped wind take it...ie peppermint capsules, peppermint tea, polomints (to suck only of course no crunching them!)..comfortable pair of slippers for walking up and down the corridor lol

Am going with doc h in jan. My doc said I am on my own when I get back she said due to funding they (local bariatric) dept won't assist me in any way. Charming isnt ir. Of course they will have to in an emergency good luck my hunnies wish it wasr now. Everyone says he's really nicelerp us posted. Oh heating pad or hot water bottle

Some teabags if you want a decent drink, the nurses will boil the kettle for you in their little room behind reception and get you some milk for it. What they give you to drink, I found undrinkable!

Also if there is anything you know works for you to get rid of trapped wind take it...ie peppermint capsules, peppermint tea, polomints (to suck only of course no crunching them!)..comfortable pair of slippers for walking up and down the corridor lol

I find all tea undrinkable with the exception of Peppermint Tea so I really hope that doesn't change after the op… Also just managed to convert the hubbie, he was a serious coffee drinker.

Thanks for the slipper tip, hadn't even given that any thought… Feeling a trip to M&S coming on… The trip deserves a pair of Per-Una fluffies :thankyou:

I was a huge tea drinker pre op now can't face it. Never drank coffee but now can only drink coffee - weird! Just post op I also used peppermint tea & fruity teas. Found them very soothing & comforting. funny how tastes do change.

PS if you do go to M&S their fruit teas are lovely. Also the sachets of cafe lattes are smashing - just 1 sachet made up with hot water & stir. Quick & convenient.

Back