• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Counting down the hours

AmyN

I am having my band fitted on Thursday and nerves have started to kick in today. I expect it completely normal and I am excited at the same time.
Can any body tell me how long it was before you had you first fill and also how much was but in?

sorry i cant help you as had bypass... but good luck hun xxx

I had checkup at 6 week and then fill just after. Your body needs to adjust to its new intruder as takes a while to settle so don't be in any rush to push the process on...nice n steady wins the race :) good look for thurs!!! X

Hello , hope your op goes well today, I had a fill 4 months post op, that was only because my port had flipped over and had to have my port repositioned , how ever if I hadn't of had to have that done I would have had a 3 mil fill at 6 weeks ( that's when they discovered my port had overturned because I was going in for my first fill - Wishing you a speedy recovery - Julie xxx

Hello, When my band was fitted my surgeon put 4ml in start with and then my first fill was two months later (late as I had an infection) and I had 1ml put in.
Good luck and we will look forward to you joining us on the losers bench!
xx

I had my first fill at 6 weeks - 7mls in my 14ml band. Good luck with your op on Thursday and as the others have said - give yourself time to recover, and don't rush things. You can still get your mind in the right place and lose weight, before the restriction of the band fills kicks in :)

Back