• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help!!

tanychance

I had a band fitted 2 weeks ago today! It was filled with 3 ml when it was fitted! I am now feeling completely back to normal and have Ben having puréed meals now!

I had some egg mash and puréed baked beans today and a tea plate portion! I do feel full I guess so there is restriction but is it only when I have the first fill will I feel a benefit as right now I feel no different to before!

I can drink endless amounts of tea and squash so please someone tell me I haven't wasted all that money as that what I feel like at the moment!!

X

I'm still pre-op and sure some of the banders will post soon, a fair few say that they feel they have no restriction at first until there first fill, hope this is the same for you!! Xxx

Hi

You say you feel full with a tea plate portion but you also feel no different?

I dont know what your expectations were but the band alone will restrict how much you can eat so as long as you stick to your post op advice you will be fine.

The band wont restrict drinks but may slow you down ie gulping!

Good luck, you will be fine x

I'm going through this stage to Hun I'm 4 weeks post op and I feel hungry all the time and i haven't got and fill in mine yet x

If you feel hungry and I mean proper hunger (not thirst or head hunger) then have something. So try a drink first then see how you feel.

Dont let yourself get too hungry or you are more likely to eat the wrong things x

Agree with blue diamond. It took me to my 4th fill to fill a difference.5 months out, I hope I am an exception but be prepared and don't loose heart. You ll get there but might not be as quick as you first thought/ hoped. If it helps read my diary its all there the good as well as the bad

Thanks for replying! Not sure what I was expecting or hoped for really! Perhaps I thought I may feel different in a physical way! I have a 10 ml band with 3 ml put in at surgery! I'm not even sure it's hunger that I'm feeling either! I have the first dietician app tomorrow so they may answer a few things!
I have the first fill then at the end of April! X

Bizarre, its in the banders section the one called the truth etc... unless you need 50 post to see it but did not think so.... try again otherwise let's chat about everything and anything until you get to 50 post

I had 4 ml put in during surgery then 1 ml at the time

Very true hun but just remember WE are all different too. This is your journey and you know where we all are if you want to talk about any part of your journey x

Just had my first dietician app and will be having a gradual fill each month after April! One more week of sloppy food then apparently the drier the food the better! I understand it a lot better now!! If they had told me all this prior I would've not been so concerned! Guess that's what going private does for me!! I stand by my thought of its your money they are interested in rather than your health!! ?

Hope you do really well - I had mine two weeks ago today and it's most certainly a learning experience.

Back