• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cpap/Apap machine, advice needed plzzz

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Hi all i have jsut had my diagnosis for Apnoea and its moderate but was stopping breathing for 35 secs each time.
I picked up my Apap machine, the "automated series" and tried all the 4 masks but could not manage then except for the nasal pillow.
I managed last night ok for 3 hrs then it woke me up as i felt like i was in the middle of a gale force wind, and then took it off and it came on and off 4 more times during the night.
I did notice some times i was breathing through my mouth and that is when it felt like a gale force wind.

How long did it take u to get used to the machine, and also to start feeling less tired.
Thanks and take care luv Roch xxxx

Hello again, My hubby uses a CPAP. Because he naturally breathes through his mouth and not his nose he has to use a full mask that covers the mouth and nose.

At first he found that he could only tolerate the machine for an hour or two per night and I think it took a couple of mnths before he could sleep with it the whole night. You just have to have to build up gradually.

He wont even spend one night away from home without it now (he keeps himself awake with his snoring!!).

Thanks Mells, i noticed that i did not sleep the whole night breathing through my mouth as usually a sign is that i have a wet patch on my pillow and have done for nearly 9 yrs.
My consultant said that i most prob sleep with my mouth open because of lack of oxygen, but this morning for the first time in 9 yrs no wet patch on my pillow lol.
So 3 hrs last night was not 2 bad then and it did come on and off 4 more times :)
Thats good to know that i am not the only one who could not bare it all night from the start.
Thanks and take care xx

Back