• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleep test result

farzu

hello everyone,
I had my sleep test on 4th june and today i got the result. i just came from the hospital now after seeing Dr lloyd owen. he said i have sleep apnea and the result said i stopped breathing 37 times per hour in sleep. i am not really sure if it is normal or severe. he ordered me a C-PAP machine and the waiting list for it is for 4/5 weeks.

i have an appointment with DR Simon coppack on the 23rd. can anyone tell me if this sleep test result will help me get the surgery push a bit sooner? i'm really tired of the waiting game.

Please give me more info if any of you have the same condition and using a cpap machine.

love XX

Hi farzu,

Once you go to see Dr Coppack he should refer you to the Homerton for surgery. Unfortunately it won't get you the surgery any quicker though. I was referred by Coppack in September and had surgery in April so you may still have a bit of a wait. Plus they like you to be settled with the CPAP and using it for at least 2 months before they'll do the surgery. x

I dont know any answers but good luck with your pending surgery.:)

My DH has sleep apnea and before the CPAP, he stopped breathing approx 100 times per hour. He now is doing great on the CPAP.

Having sleep apnea will delay your surgery a bit as they need to know it is under control prior to the surgery.

I have severe sleep apneoa my stats were simlar to yours unfortunatly surgery doesnt come any quicker. you need to be settled into using the c-pap machine for at least 8 weeks before anything can happen. i had my c-pap machine at the beginning of nov 09 and im am currently waiting for my date for surgery anytime between now and sept but the time span could be different because of the hospital im going to the royal derby hospital and the wait there is typically 6 months from going on the waiting list. i hope that you dont have to longer wait for your surgery.x

thanks everyone for all the replies. The waiting time for getting the machine is around 4/5 weeks. So i have to wait for that long just to get the machine. Did any of you had any problem moving while asleep?

I have sleep apnoea and i stop breathing about 30 times an hr and i was told that is def mild, severe is 100 times an hr.
I was also told that u have to be on the cpap for at least 2 months b4 ur op.
Hope u get ur cpap soon xxx

I had a few problems with the masks and tried 3 before i found the correct 1 for me sleeping im used to it now but it was really hard at first sleeping on my back as i usually sleep on my tummy. but you do get used to it and you feel so refreshed in the morning.

hi i have just taken off my sleep device have to return it today b4 10am not sure what to expect not sure if it worked as didnt get much sleep was quite a restless night at 1point woke up with the nose tube thing strangleing me and woke up at 5am couldnt get back to sleep dispite bein really tired

i hope they get the results they need really nervous

xx

I got my CPAP machine 3/4 days ago. I didn't feel any thing good yet. I feel more tired during the day and sometimes i feel that i definately need to sleep. Using the mask is very difficult. I have also seen that during the day i feel short of breath most of the time. Soemtimes i feel i have to yawn but i can't and its very disgusting. In the morning i always have blood in my nose. I don't know how it will help. Positive sign is, I stopped snoring as i have to keep my mmouth shut all the time. but its not as it sounded like when Doc said i will feel like a new women and very very refreshed lol.

Back