• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sleep results and Cpap

BEXS99

Loves this site x
Hiya

Had my results from the hospital on friday and i stop breathing 40 times in 1 hour, she said no wonder I feel tired all the time its worse that having a new born baby in the house, Have my cpap machine, but been away so tonight is the first night, i have the mask over my nose and mouth, do you get used to this, thinking im not going to be able to sleep with it.

Many thanks x:)

Hi Becky, hope you are ok. At least you now know why you have been so tired. Ive never had sleep apnea so cant offer any advice sorry.

Its not for long though, when you have your surgery and are on the loosers bench then you can give that machine back and enjoy nice restful nights sleep.

Take care x

BEXS99 said:
Hiya

Had my results from the hospital on friday and i stop breathing 40 times in 1 hour, she said no wonder I feel tired all the time its worse that having a new born baby in the house, Have my cpap machine, but been away so tonight is the first night, i have the mask over my nose and mouth, do you get used to this, thinking im not going to be able to sleep with it.

Many thanks x:)

Hi

I've had sleep apnea for a few years now and also use CPAP.
Like you I was terrified at the thought of wearing the mask but you've nothing to fear, honestly :)
It's now second nature to me and just a part of everyday life. Hopefully, you'll feel so much better when you start using the machine that it will compensate for any fears you have right now xx

Thanks hun, tonight's my first night. x

It can take a few weeks to get really used to it. Just pop it on every night and you may only get 2 or 3 hours or so in the beginning and you'll soon be building it up to 6+hours per night. I can assure you, once you are established on cpap you will feel so refreshed in the morning and during the day.

Ive been on cpap since February and I use a nasal mask only. It did take some time as I am usually a mouth breather when I lie down and I sometimes get a little stuffy in the early hours. Its very rare now that I don't sleep all night with it on, I really want to wear it nowadays, its comforting to know I am sleeping soundly and safer.

Good luck with yours, give it time and take each night at a time. :)

I've been using my cpap machine for a couple of months now. It does take a little while to get used to it. Before I started using it I used to be completely useless by the afternoon cause I was so tired but now I have so much more energy.

Hope you have a good first night.

Back