• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

CPAP DREAMS

Hi

The dreams are normal and you are having them because for the first time in a long time you are now going into a propper deep sleep, instead of coughing and spluttering your way through the night like you did before using the CPAP. Relax and enjoy your dreams.

Paul

As Paul say's you have probably not been experiencing what's called REM sleep (rapid eye movement)- this is the stage when you go from a very deep sleep to a lighter sleep and when we dream. If you have not been into deep sleep for a long time - which you wont have been as your breathe stopping did not allow this, by default you won't have had any REM sleep to dream.
Enjoy your tv trips to the past each night, especially if they are in colour.
xxxx

I'M a lucky girl i got rid of my hosehead a couple of months ago when i had lost 7 stone i had to get wired up for another sleep test and it was very good result i am NORMAL (they say you learn something new everyday) So my machine was packed up and off back to the hospital. My husband never hears me snore now so no more complaints or having to get up and go and sleep down stairs Good luck xx

oh absolutely one step at a time i thought i would be a hosehead for the rest of my life i didn't know it would change and i would be able to manage with out it, I was extatic when i got the good news. My husband used to laugh and say we would frighten the life out of any burglars if they ever broke in and saw me with that on. I even took it camping last summer my mates thought it was hilarious, but needs must and it does the trick. Stick with it and who knows. xx

yep, what everyone else had said Jan, you're sleeping properly now. Are you more alert and less tired during the day?

chrisa said:
I'M a lucky girl i got rid of my hosehead a couple of months ago when i had lost 7 stone i had to get wired up for another sleep test and it was very good result i am NORMAL (they say you learn something new everyday) So my machine was packed up and off back to the hospital. My husband never hears me snore now so no more complaints or having to get up and go and sleep down stairs Good luck xx

I too found out last week that I no longer need to use my CPAP machine :)
I've lost 7st 6lbs to date and after doing another sleep study it's been confirmed that although I still have sleep apnea, it's in the mild range and doesn't require treatment.
I'm really happy too!

hiya caren - yes i am. i hadn't really thought about it but since you have pointed it out - you're right darlin.
i haven't been sitting on the bed in the middle of the night [ashamed to say that i have fallen off the bed a number of times and cracked my head on the wardrobe - good job there's nowt to damage [my head i mean not the wardrobe] ha ha. and, i have noticed i am waking up at a regular time [8 a.m.] every day and haven't nodded off in front of the telly for a few days now either!!
i've got my fingers and toes crossed that if i keep this up i will be able to have my op arranged for the 0rd may caren. what is your current situation darlin? i read that you were considering going privately? i just couldn't have afforded to do that without robbing a bank but i know how desperate we can feel. i will keep doing the lotto and if i win i will share my luck with those who can't get funding for their op - we have to have a dream dont we? xx
its great to hear that you're feeling so much better :)
im keeping my fingers crossed, theres someone going to buy my mums garage, so as soon as he comes up with the dosh, i'll be booking for a sleeve with cosmetic bliss :) xxx

genevive57 said:
gosh, another fabulous weight loss darlin and again how fantastic for you not to need to use CPAP again. congratulations and, its really reassuring to see such a big loss for a sleevie as this is the op i am hopefully having on may 03rd xx

Thank you :)
I would thoroughly recommend the sleeve. Good luck with your surgery xx

I have lost just over 9 stone and not used my cpap machine for a while. I got official confirmation last week that I no longer have sleep apnea, so my machine has gone back. It seems that it is quite a common 'side effect' of weight loss to no longer have sleep apnea.

Good luck with your op in May

Back