• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cpap hate it

BEXS99

Loves this site x
Hello i have had my cpap for 2 weeks now, and still hate it, cant get used to it at all, i keep taking it off in my sleep and wake around 3am and not have it on, am so worried that when the examin the data card they will say cant have the operation, i just hate it so much, i hardly sleep at all now and feel worse. Why do i have to have it, i know its dangerous sleep apnoea but i must of had it for years, will use it when had my operation defo but just wish i did not have to wear it now.

Anyone give me any advice, had a night off last night and was lovely .... I know i should'nt but was so tired. :cry:

Thanks

Hi Bex

So sorry to hear you're still struggling :-(
I think you should really try and persevere although I really appreciate it's not easy. Sleep apnea is not a good thing to have xx

Ah Becky it sounds awful. Could you call and speak to someone, explain the problems you having and your concerns? Sorry I cant help, but hope someone can reassure you xx

Im not a great sleeper and to have this on i just cant do it, but dont want it to delay my operation, i used to love going to bed now hate it.....

Hiya i have asked but they said that ones the best for me. Keep dreaming bad and remember taking it off last night at 3am as was dreaming it was stopping me breathing, mega odd are'nt i lol. Just so dont like it x

If you have stuck with it and still can't get on with it, then maybe chat to them again and explain what is happening. I would have thought that wearing something that is at least going to stay on all night is better than having the 'right' one that causes you such disturbed sleep so it is not doing what it should anyway.

The other option, although you should not have to do this, is to think about buying a mask yourself?

It took me a little while to get on with mine. They tried the full face on me at the hospital, but I had a panic attack so they gave me one that just sits round my mouth with a couple of little pillows (small plastic pieces) that go in each nostril, this is much better as I just could not have dealt with the full face one at all.

Thanks, am due to go back in a few weeks so will ask, made it till 4.30 last night x

I can sympathise with you on this one Bex, it took me a good few weeks to get used to using cpap again (after a 10 year break of not bothering!!) but you must persevere, you'll feel a world of difference in your energy levels once you do. I tried several different masks before I found the right one for me. I'm a mouth breather so the full face was the only way to go for me but I did try the nasal pillow and the nasal mask. Your provider should let you try each of them out until you feel the most comfortable with one or the other. Another tip I used was to go to sleep with earphones in, listening to the music seemed to make me forget that I had a mask on my face and help me drift off to sleep easier. Can't guarantee it will work for you too but it's worth a try :)

H x

Hiya have been looking on the net and think the full face one be better or the one that has strap over forehead, i love to lie on my side and my nose/mouth mask moves, plus its tight on the bridge of my nose if it put it too tight. I see them 2 weeks tomorrow, but will try again tonight x

Thanks for your support, I find this awful and its getting me down, as dont want it to delay my operation x

can only say keep at it my first few months were like your last two weeks now i would not sleeep without it

thanks, just find it awful, will keep at it as have to, do you have to same mask as me x

hi bex i have the nose mask and have had it for a few months and still wake up with it off i find it really difficult and feel more drained than i do without it I thought this was supposed to help it makes me feel worse than I did before I had it

Hi Bex had my sleep test last thursday and now awaiting results. How long did it take for them to get back to you. Have a feeling i have failed as i was up 4 times that night going to the loo. Everthing seems to be getting to me at the moment lol hope yours has improved for you hun xx

Hi hun, hope your okay, it was about 2 weeks and i got a letter for an appointment 6 weeks later, phone to see if there's a cancellation, me not too bad, it getting better, and hope to have my op next month, start my pre op diet end of aug xx

Back