• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Crazy Question About Washing After Surgery !!

GlasgowJJ

Heyyy me again !

This is going to sound like the craziest question ever! but i need to ask as its bugging the hell out of me .

I shower like twice a day total clean freak !:0bathtime:
& my surgeon has told me i will wear my surgery socks for 8-10weeks after my sleeve !:yuk:

Do you get to take them off for a shower? and how often ! x

JJ :wavey:

I took mine off to shower. Ask for a spare pair so you can wash one at a time otherwise you will be a bit stinky. Thinner but stinky :p
Seriously though, I looked after my mother in law after her hip replacement and was washing one pair of her Surgical stockings every day.

I had my op on Thurs at 4pm had my first shower Friday at 9am so not long after the op lol, so long as you don't get the stitches/dressings too sodden, i had the shower on my back and a quick front wash :)

i never even thought of asking for two ! lol ! brill idea !!! :)
lol thinner just stinky ! :) xx

:pawww fabby ! im just glad i can wash im a bit of a clean freak ! lol xx

Hehe. Oh by the way, I used Hibiscrub for 3 days before Surgery and then after until my wounds looked sealed. Drys your skin out but its only for a few days. Think I used a body milk on me arms and legs but avoided the stomach area. I like the idea of killing those bugs we all have lurking on our skin.

never thought of that ! will defo give that a go ! :)

Where did you get it ?

another quick thought were the socks itchy ?!?!? xx

Well amazon do it but so does boots and I guess a lot of chemists. Have a google for the body scrub. Its a fiver in Boots for a 250ml.

I was allowed to take my stockings off when I had my shower I was then told as I was up and about I didn't need to wear them, I know all providers are different and its best to go with what you are told :)

Don't forget to ask the hospital for Tegaderm or donething similar. They're transparent waterproof coverings for the dressings. Couldn't have coped without.

Don't forget to ask the hospital for Tegaderm or donething similar. They're transparent waterproof coverings for the dressings. Couldn't have coped without.

Will do ! would make life a hell of alot easier lol ! :) thanks !

I was allowed to take my stockings off when I had my shower I was then told as I was up and about I didn't need to wear them, I know all providers are different and its best to go with what you are told :)

Yeah ive heard everywheres difo - Mr Carter has said 8-10 weeks for them to be on . He does have a really High Success rate of non complications after surgery so will defo go with his advice !:eek::eek:

Well amazon do it but so does boots and I guess a lot of chemists. Have a google for the body scrub. Its a fiver in Boots for a 250ml.

fab ill have a look online and get some ordered :)

love the sound of it !

They were really itchy on me, but did what I was told and kept them on lol xx

I had a feeling they might be !
lets hope we dont get too much hot weather ! lol !

Back