• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Crock pot - slow cooker

Hello darlings. I really want to buy a small crock pot or slow cooker type dooberry. The one I have is huge, and would like one suitable for a single person - so that I can make soups etc just for myself.

I've looked online, but they all seem to be enormous. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? xx

Ooh - great stuff. I may get a bit of a shopping fix on Lakeland. Thanks you guys xx

failing getting a small one you could always make lots of soup and freeze it
I had thought of that Gemma, as I already have a family sized slow cooker. I just like the idea of doing something fresh and different every couple of days, but this will definitely be an alternative idea xx

Argos does a 2litre value one for under £10. I don't know how good it is but if you kept the receipt they are very good at taking faulty things back.

Rebirth

Mine was a big one - and there is 2 of us and its sooo big :)

Hi I have just invested in a clay oven to table dish Its German and called a "Romertopf" you soak the dish and lid for 10mins in cold water then place your meat Ingredients in it no water, or anything else your meat ect is cooked to perfection everytime. These come in 3sizes ours is the small one ample for 3/4 people. and It looks like terracotta clay dish with lid:553:. aparantly they use these a lot in greece too!

Last edited:
I would have suggested Argos too.... I love my slow cooker pop some chops n veggies in go to work and the meat just falls apart. Will make a nice chunky soup when i've had my op and am introducing lumpy stuff....

Hi I have just invested in a clay oven to table dish Its German and called a "Romertopf" you soak the dish and lid for 10mins in cold water then place your meat Ingredients in it no water, or anything else your meat ect is cooked to perfection everytime. These come in 3sizes ours is the small one ample for 3/4 people. and It looks like terracotta clay dish with lid:553:. aparantly they use these a lot in greece too!

Gail that sounds fantastic! Will have to have a google :)

Hi gail where did you get yours from? xxx

Hiya Lisa, My sister got it for me some where in lancaster they are pretty hard to get hold of only certain kitchen/utensil shops supply them. But if you get one I promise you wont be dissapointed. Mediteranians have used clay cooking for hundreds of years but the beauty about these is they cook meat ect as natural as can be.
Hi gail where did you get yours from? xxx

Thanks gail, wanted one for ages as i love tandoori chicken and thought it would be great for that and as my diet is made up of mainly chicken what better way to cook it! Had a look on ebay theres a couple on there similar price to yours so hopefully will get one. xxx

Back