• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Chicken

alisoomy71

Been going over this now for ages looking it up on the net etc...
Can someone anyone help me please.
I am due to start my pre-op diet on the 10th June so 8 days time, and was looking at the chicken I don't have a grill :( and so was planning on baking my chicken which it says I am aloud to do. But is that not the same as roasting it? I have looked online and it's rather confusing????

100g fillet breast baked

116kcal
0.0g carbs
21.8g protein
3.2g fat
0.0g fibre

100g chicken breast roasted

171kcal
1.7g carbs
26.5g protein
6.5g fat
0.0g fibre

So which one is right both from same website?

All I need to know is if I cooked (roasted) a chicken using no fat just it's own juice to baste, could I use the meat from that for three days and then cook another one only eating the breast with no skin on or are their too many calories/carbs as my diet says no carbs???

So bloody confused and very fussy like to do things right. And need to be organised,
Or should I buy a small George Forman grill?

On a plus side I have lost 3lb this week just cutting out bread and eating smaller sized meals have mine on a tea plate now.

I hope someone can help?

A roasted chicken has more fat content from its own fat that comes out during the cooking a whole chicken roasted. You would be better off getting some chicken breasts.

I 'baked' mine in the oven adding no fat. Don't forgot the option off stir frying. You can use a couple of squirts of fry light. You can also poach, wrap in some cling film and cook in a pan of boiling water.

I added spices, garlic and lemon to add some variety.

i boiled mine, sounds gross, but it stays lovely and moist :) xxx

You can cook them in a slow cooker too, with a little bit of water and herbs, stock cube etc. it's delicious. Really moist and and tasty.

i dont have a grill either so i buy chicken fillets.... but i did get a small chicken which was on offer the other day... so instead of roasting it i put it in my slow cooker, as already suggested. it was lovely. xx

We have a halogen oven and cook chicken breasts in there. They come wonderfully moist.

I have been looking on the Internet for recipes to cook chicken fillets or whole chicken, the problem I have is that I like thinks relatively plain. I know boring huh. I don't mind a hint of garlic, or the schwartz seasoning but how and what do you do with it.
I will alternate if I can with chicken salad and chicken with green veg? But for 3 weeks was looking for some ideas I could try.

alisoomy71 said:
I have been looking on the Internet for recipes to cook chicken fillets or whole chicken, the problem I have is that I like thinks relatively plain. I know boring huh. I don't mind a hint of garlic, or the schwartz seasoning but how and what do you do with it.
I will alternate if I can with chicken salad and chicken with green veg? But for 3 weeks was looking for some ideas I could try.

Damn fat fingers
*thing not thinks ........doh
I have had lemon chicken in a restaurant before but it was very strong.
The only veg I eat is pea's runner beans & broccoli.
The only salad I eat is lettuce, cucumber, spring onions, red Onion, celery and cress.

Can you use onion's on the pre op diet it's not on the sheet?

Has anyone got any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Alison xx

Have you thought about maranadingthe chicken to give it a little more flavour?

I am trying it today.

There are quite a few ideas on the web for doing this

Wats the best way 2 cook the chicken?

I put it in the slow cooker yest and it wasn't nice :(

How did u marinade it wonderlust??

I need help x

I just bung various things, ie lemon juice worcester sauce etc in a pot or bag with the chicken breast and leave for 24 hours.

I put all the marinade on the chicken... ie smother it... sometimes i do it with fillets aswell... then cover in cling film and put in the fridge 24 hours or overnight... works for me x

I just made sum tasty chicken :) I marinaded it in sum paprika n tikka spices with a wee bit o water, then put it in sum foil with sum red onion and pepper with a little soy sauce and some more water. Cooked it at gas no 5 for 30 mins and had it with sum salad. It was super tasty! :) I'm chuffed x

Back