• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

D-day endoscopy been and gone..NOW ON WAITING LIST.

alison1979

I have been today and had the camera down all clear and im on waiting list i am so pleased, but still really scared thinking what i am about to put myself through, i cant help feeling worried and this comes more with every step closer... can anyone else relate to this???. still really pleased i have the all clear, even if i am a bit sore now ;):)

Woohoo that's great Alison! You'll be fine :) x

Thanks caren, i am worried but think its normal, and i have some people around me saying i am not doing the right thing and have kids to think of etc etc... but i am trying to be strong :)

I've got the same, I have no support at all, my daughter said outright that she doesn't support me, but hey, I've spent 23 years looking after her, this is for meeee lol

I think family are just worried about us but its not helping to much when i get told not to do it when i am waiting to in for the camera down. :(

I have been having the same doubts, and it depends on how I feel each day as to whether I still want to go ahead. I also have people, a lot of people, saying I shouldn't do it. I think the only advice I'd give you is that only you know what's best for you and your family. They're the only ones you need to be strong for, bugger everyone else....

Awww Caren, I didn't realise you were struggling with support ... We will support you all the way, honey, as much as you need ... xxx

thanks guys it really means alot.

hi jema, i see you are with sunderland too, how far along are you hun if you dont mind me asking?

;)Hi Alison, I'm glad your endoscopy is out the way. I had mine at SRH 5 weeks ago now and it wasn't the most pleasant experience that I have had! but another step closer. did they tell you how long the waiting list was? I rang on Monday to make sure that I had been put on the list (I strongly suggest you do too in a couple of weeks) and they said 6 months or could be sooner.

Like you, I constantly wonder if I'm doing the right thing, then I look in the mirror and I don't see the person that I think I should look like looking back at me, or I walk round the Metrocentre and have to sit after a short while because of severe back pain, then I remember why I'm gonna do this. Lifes too short basically, and the site helps solidify my decision to do this with all of the positive results and support. it's definitely thecright decision for me. when you feel doubt, just remind yourself of how good you will feel at the end of it all.

well..... I'm pleased I gotvthat of my chest. Feel like I've given myself a counselling session!

keep smiling!

hi jema, i see you are with sunderland too, how far along are you hun if you dont mind me asking?

Hi Alison. I had my appointment with Mr. Mahawar in July, so I'm waiting to go for my endoscopy. It's taken me around 17 months to get this far...

Something just clicked in me 10 weeks ago and I started this diet/lifestyle change, and have lost a good bit of weight up to now. I just wish something had clicked sooner!

Hi Alison. I had my appointment with Mr. Mahawar in July, so I'm waiting to go for my endoscopy. It's taken me around 17 months to get this far...

Something just clicked in me 10 weeks ago and I started this diet/lifestyle change, and have lost a good bit of weight up to now. I just wish something had clicked sooner!

hi, i had my endoscopy with mr mahawar yesterday he is lovely, i was pleased with myself for keeping still and focused they are really good and so helpful x :D

Good look to you both, cant wait till im where you are, im only just starting, got my seminar on 13th September (unlucky for some,but hope its lucky for me).

lindy62

I'm pleased because I'm dreading it....
How long did you have to wait between appointments. I'm not really in as much of a rush to have mine, now I'm managing to lose weight myself. Though I still check the post every morning...

Hi jema, mine was about 4 months between appointments, but the appointment time between the one weight check and the endoscopy was only 3 months went in june got appointment on august 24th for to be done on september 2nd. so not as long as before only really got 8 days notice ;/

well i rang the hospital regarding having the tube down b4 my op, my surgens secretery said i should of had it done b4 i got put on the list!!! she said because it was her fault i have not had it done she would keep es on the list nd try nd get me a appointment sent through for the tube but to ring bk up the following week 2 make sure she had sent it it off, so i rang friday nd the woman i spoke to had gone home so i explained to the other receptionist and she had a look at my file nd notes on system and she says i dont need 1!!! their is nothing on my file or system to say i need one the thing that is on is that i am the short notice nd wekend list but apart from that nothing else, so just confused cos 1 person is tellin me 1 thing nd another tellin sum it else xx

I'm pleased because I'm dreading it....
How long did you have to wait between appointments. I'm not really in as much of a rush to have mine, now I'm managing to lose weight myself. Though I still check the post every morning...

sorry i have went to replay and notice i already have lol

Last edited:
well i rang the hospital regarding having the tube down b4 my op, my surgens secretery said i should of had it done b4 i got put on the list!!! she said because it was her fault i have not had it done she would keep es on the list nd try nd get me a appointment sent through for the tube but to ring bk up the following week 2 make sure she had sent it it off, so i rang friday nd the woman i spoke to had gone home so i explained to the other receptionist and she had a look at my file nd notes on system and she says i dont need 1!!! their is nothing on my file or system to say i need one the thing that is on is that i am the short notice nd wekend list but apart from that nothing else, so just confused cos 1 person is tellin me 1 thing nd another tellin sum it else xx

Hi i got told everyone from SRH has to have one with bypass coz there need to see if there is anything like ulsers or at worse cancer that can interupt them in surgery, i would ring again and just say you double checking hun.

Back