• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Waiting list

alisoomy71

Can anyone tell me how the waiting list for Mr El-Hasani works.
I have been on the list since 21st march 2011, I rang his sec in June I was roughly 210 on list I rang again November I was 130 on list. I rang in march as it was a yr since and I get told I have just sent a batch of 100 names to Chelsfield hospital and you were in the last batch of 20 so I guesstimate it to 83 ish on list, I then phone again in April and get told by his sec I am just sending out the one's for June so she thinks mine will be around August/September time so I should find out in July. So how come if were only moved down the list do people on the same list at the same time go in months before you???????
Not that it's anything to do with them but I just want to know is there a reason to getting moved up if you have medical issues etc etc, as I don't have any the usual back ache and sore knees but nothing else no diabetes or high blood pressure. Does this mean I will be at the bottom of the list all the time and people with medical problems go ahead of me. I am at the stage now where I just want it done and dusted get that bit out the way and start the hard graft.
sorry if that makes me sound harsh but I want mine done so much just as much as everyone else.
Has anyone else found this to be the case with their waiting times?

sorry im not at the same hospital as you to really help,but the waiting list really does baffle me,ive a friend who was put on the waiting list the same time as me at xmas. im having my surgery this saturday and shes having her july 2013 but mine is a band hers is a bypass but still really baffles me

Hi

Before they started moving his patients over to the Chelsfied his waiting list was 2 years, so think yourself lucky you are one of the few being done there rather than having to wait the full two years has many have.

Paul

Yea people with medical problems get higher up the list as they may have life threatening issues. Saying that I have other medical problems & I still had to wait a year & a half. I had Mr El-Hasani too I know people that have waited over 2 years. Hopefully it will happen soon x x

fatnomoreclo said:
Yea people with medical problems get higher up the list as they may have life threatening issues. Saying that I have other medical problems & I still had to wait a year & a half. I had Mr El-Hasani too I know people that have waited over 2 years. Hopefully it will happen soon x x

When I spoke to Sharon his sec before she told me they don't get priority she said that once your on the list that's it, a friend of mine kept telling me to tell Sharon I could do a cancelations when I mentioned it to Sharon she laughed and said no dear we don't do cancelations how can we as you haven't done you're pre-op.
I don't think Sharon likes me.........oops

I know I haven't waited as long as some people, but their not me and I don't like waiting it's like seeing the end in reaching distance but being on an escalator and not being able to reach it. >>>>scream<<<<

I am going to ring once a month and see where I am I didn't even get told where I was the last time I spoke to her, she just said oh there's a good dozen in front of you. ????? What's a good dozen does anybody know?

So glad I found this forum it's great.

alisoomy71 said:
When I spoke to Sharon his sec before she told me they don't get priority she said that once your on the list that's it, a friend of mine kept telling me to tell Sharon I could do a cancelations when I mentioned it to Sharon she laughed and said no dear we don't do cancelations how can we as you haven't done you're pre-op.
I don't think Sharon likes me.........oops

I know I haven't waited as long as some people, but their not me and I don't like waiting it's like seeing the end in reaching distance but being on an escalator and not being able to reach it. >>>>scream<<<<

I am going to ring once a month and see where I am I didn't even get told where I was the last time I spoke to her, she just said oh there's a good dozen in front of you. ????? What's a good dozen does anybody know?

So glad I found this forum it's great.

I really don't know how it works all I know is I got told by the them that I got pushed up the list because of medical problems there for I only had to wait a year & a half instead of the full 2.
I don't know about cancelations but I know of someone that they phoned at short notice & said your op is in 2 weeks. So maybe that could be you.

As for not liking waiting, does anyone? I'm dying to become a mummy & have been waiting for years but good things come to those who wait, there's some people out there who are not able to have this surgery so thank your lucky stars you have been told you can have it.

Dont take it personal with Sharon she probably gets loads of people ringing every day she's probably a bit pissed off lol

I would phone back today see where I am on the list & ask when it's likely to be. I did & got told it would be end of Feb beginning of march the latest do I knew I'd have if done by then then I got the call from her saying it's December so I was pleasantly surprised.

It will come Hun, Just wait a little longer x x x

Thank you, I know it's around the corner my partner keeps telling me too at least I know it's this year.
And yes your right I should be thankful I can have it done.
Thanks again. X

Hi there I also went on the list in march 2011 and last wk I got my date for bypass 7th june at princess royal (farnborough)......... but when I spoke to Sharon the wk earlier she told me my operation wouldn't be till august keeping my fingers crossed for you good luck xxxx shirl xxxx

shirley05 said:
Hi there I also went on the list in march 2011 and last wk I got my date for bypass 7th june at princess royal (farnborough)......... but when I spoke to Sharon the wk earlier she told me my operation wouldn't be till august keeping my fingers crossed for you good luck xxxx shirl xxxx

Wow congratulations on getting your date. Are you excited?
Fingers crossed that would be great.

When do you start your pre-op diet?
Keep me updated on your journey please.

Alison xxx

Hi alison yeah im very excited but also very scared but this site really helps with all the stories from other ppl I don't start my pre op diet till around the 19th of this month I have my pre op assessment on 18th may and have to see star on 19 th which is when I get my pre op diet I think.........I really don't think you have 2 much longer to wait ring Sharon in few days and just ask for an up date on the list she's normally very helpful unless you catch her on a bad day lol really hope you get a date soon plz keep me updated and fingers crossed you to will get your date very soon xxxxxx shirl xxx

Can anyone tell me how the waiting list for Mr El-Hasani works.
I have been on the list since 21st march 2011, I rang his sec in June I was roughly 210 on list I rang again November I was 130 on list. I rang in march as it was a yr since and I get told I have just sent a batch of 100 names to Chelsfield hospital and you were in the last batch of 20 so I guesstimate it to 83 ish on list, I then phone again in April and get told by his sec I am just sending out the one's for June so she thinks mine will be around August/September time so I should find out in July. So how come if were only moved down the list do people on the same list at the same time go in months before you???????
Not that it's anything to do with them but I just want to know is there a reason to getting moved up if you have medical issues etc etc, as I don't have any the usual back ache and sore knees but nothing else no diabetes or high blood pressure. Does this mean I will be at the bottom of the list all the time and people with medical problems go ahead of me. I am at the stage now where I just want it done and dusted get that bit out the way and start the hard graft.
sorry if that makes me sound harsh but I want mine done so much just as much as everyone else.
Has anyone else found this to be the case with their waiting times?

It does make you cross it is annoying, the first time i spoke at the surgery about weight loss surgery was 3 years this month i had my op last August, therebwas a young lady had her op the same time as me and she had only been on the list bout 9 months and she got a cancellation, i was like you had no medical problems, they did find i had sleep apnoea but that was 6 months before my op, so I can sympathise with you the wait is never ending but believe me when that call comes the worry and unsettledness comes on you, but you will get sorted and it will be over before you know it. Good luck hope you hear something soon. xx:confused:

Back