• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

endoscopy pain

christine77

can someone please tell me if this is normal, since having my endoscopy on friday i have been in quite a bit of pain , it comes and goes but especially when i am swallowing. i thought this would have stopped by now but this morning its really bad and swallowing anything hot really hurts all the way down. i also have a horrible taste of blood which again comes and goes but has me feelign really sick.

is this the norm? am i just being paranoid ?

I truly don't know, but it doesn't sound normal - call your bariatric team asap, as it may be simply fixed and worrying about it will make you feel worse.

Hugs and sympathy
Poppy x

I had an endoscopy years ago and although it wasnt pleasant I dont remember feeling like that afterwards. I had a sore throat for a few days thats all. Maybe it would be wise to phone your team and ask for some advice, the tasting blood doesnt sound right to me :D Good Luck XX

Get advice - I wasnt like this either xx

Ring the endoscopy unit for advice it doesn't sound good!!

You shouldn't feel like that honey. Get it checked out!

OMG I am having mine next week, my Dad said his thraot just hurt for a few days, please get checked out, Karen x

Thanks everyone

i phoned them and they said it just sounded like i was a little bruised and to give it another 24 hours .they asked me lots of questions and didnt seem too concerned, just said if it hurts to eat hot food then dont eat it and when i taste blood tey to spit it out to see of it really is blood or if i making it up !!! what ever happens they are not doing putting that camera down again.

Bl**dy idiots!!!!!! I had pain but it was in my back which I was told was off the air!?

Oh Chris, bless you. I hope you fee better tomorrow honey. It's a totally pants procedure isn't it?
I don't think I could go through it again either - not after 3 goes the first time!

Hoping you soon feel much better Chris... what an awful ordeal... sending loving hugs to you xxx

Back