• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

D-day!

Arrived in Manchester today and had an appointment with the nurse to go everything. Have to be at the hospital tomorrow at 7am to have my bypass. Lost 10lbs during the pre op diet and they said they don't for see any problems.

Extremely nervous but only the part where they actually put me under. It's just the thought of drugs putting me to sleep and being reliant on machines to breathe for me. No problems with needles or pain. Everyone seems so friendly.

Looking forward to the start of my new life. :D

how exciting!!! good luck pop :) xxx

All the best with the op & recovery. Had mine on Saturday home on Monday.

Thanks guys! Just about to leave the hotel. Never been so nervous in all my life but I'm sure it will go perfectly and to plan. I hope I'm first up so I don't have to wait around for a while, getting even more nervous and stressed out in the process.

Will see you all on the losers bench!

Good Luck, hope everything goes well and you have a speedy recovery x

Thanks for the nice messages! The anaesthetist came in and spoke to me, I asked him what time roughly I'll be going down at and he said he didn't know (I didn't believe him for one second!). Nurse popped in two minutes after him, I asked her and she told me it'll be around noon.

The nurses knew immediately that I had a smoke this morning though understanding because I'm such a nervous wreck. They did say however Mr Alan Li has been known to cancel ops because the patient has had a sneaky smoke and also said "but I'll let you off just this once and not tell him", something else I highly doubt is true but rather just a scare tactic to stop me from going out and having another smoke (I won't though).

OOooooo its all happening now!!! yay :) good luck mate xxx

hi darlin,
i was told i could sip water until 6 a.m. the following morning and i have to be at the hospital bu 7a.m. on day of surgery [next thursday - cripes!!]
good luck for your op and i wish you a speedy and successful recovery my love

Good Luck, it will all be over in the blink of an eye - then your exciting new life starts!

The waiting is the worst bit, just remember you are in expert hands x

good luck pops and dont have another sly puff be best for you. heres to a speedy recovery the loosers bench is polished and waiting. xx

Good luck hun :) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi everyone, everything went perfect. Was sick a couple of times and it took about 30 mins of constant trying to pee which was seriously frustrating. Not in any pain at all, just discomfort. One wound was ozing blood but I think it has stopped.

woohoo congrats pop, happy healing :) xxx

Back