• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Will it be postponed?

Fashionably Late

is a skinny size XS & 6!
My bypass is scheduled for Friday. I am going privately with Mr. Ammori at the Alexandra. The problem is now that I am sick. Very sick. My GP says I don't have a chest infection but this cold or whatever I have picked up is wreaking havoc with my asthma. I am struggling to breathe and am on nebulisers and steroids. This has been going on for almost a week.

I am supposed to call my clinic today to make arrangements for Friday and am wondering if they will postpone the op? Part of me feels it would be better to postpone whereas part of me wants it over and done with.

Hi hun, I can understand why you would want to get it all over and done with, but you really ought to make sure you give yourself the best possible chance of a speedy recovery. A delay of a week or 2 is not long when you are doing something that will affect the rest of your life.

I would suggest you speak to your provider and let them know the situation.

Good luck,
John xx

Hi FL, I totally agree with John hun xx The week before my op I was having pain from my kidneys and on asking advice from my dietician she decided to inform my surgeon about it. :eek: I was devastated at the thought of it affecting my op date. :cry: Luckily for me it had cleared up by the next day but I know if it had continued the op may have been postponed. It was a horrible thought at the time but that said I knew it would be a bad thing to have an op if not feeling 100%. I also know now that the recovery period can be hard enough without added complications.

Have a chat with your surgeon or wls team hun xx

Cuppa xx

I think it's unlikely the op will be safe for you as you are at the moment as the anaesthetic would be dangerous if you have any breathing difficulties above your normal asthma. They are aware of your normal asthma and I'm sure they have planned accordingly but any additional breathing difficulties would increase the risk for you.

Sorry to be negative but far better that you get better before undergoing the op as you don't want to be coughing after the op - believe me it hurts!

Thanks guys! They want me to head over to the clinic tomorrow to check my breathing out themselves to determine whether or not to proceed.

hi

i had a band done and i had to have it postponed because of my asthma, i got a cold and it went straight to my chest.

I was very dissapointed but in the end it was for the best, as my asthma did mean that my breathing wasnt to good during the surgery i dread to think what it would have been like if id have gone ahead the first time.

having said that its 3 weeks since my surgery and i havnt had to use my inhaler since.

sallie

Back