• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dairy alternative on the milk diet

nat21luv

Hi Guys,

I’m doing 2 weeks of food diet and then 5 days of shakes. My dietitian suggests Slim fast but as I don’t drink milk I’ve been looking for an alternative. A good one I think I’ve found is Rebel Mylk with cacao, it’s coconut milk with raw chocolate and sweetened with cactus water. It’s actually really nice and has way less sugar than slim fast. So my question is, do you think that’s a suitable alternative? My dietician hasn’t answered my direct question of the exact product 3 times now, her answer is always “coconut milk is fine” no, is this exact product with chocolate ok?!

slimkim

I think the reason they suggest slimfast is because it is a meal replacement shake and will give you a bit more than just plain milk will. I did a quick google for diary free meal replacement shakes and there a few out there on the market in the UK. Do you think you can get your hands on one of those in time for the last 5 days of shakes?

nat21luv

I think the reason they suggest slimfast is because it is a meal replacement shake and will give you a bit more than just plain milk will. I did a quick google for diary free meal replacement shakes and there a few out there on the market in the UK. Do you think you can get your hands on one of those in time for the last 5 days of shakes?

I’ll give it a go, there’s probably something on amazon for quick delivery. Thanks for your help, I didn’t even think to google it

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
There are plenty of vegan (so dairy free) meal replacement options.

I've not tried them myself but if you Google purition and even slim fast do a vegan option x