• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk Diet

EmDubs

Bleurgh...!
Hi all,

I know a lot of you pre-oppers have to do a 'Milk Diet' a week or so before the big day but I've always wondered what this consists of. Is it purely milk or milk mixed with something i.e Slim Fast? How does it work? And what are the side effects?

Thanks,

Em

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Each Health Authority is different. I haven't done the milk diet yet, but I have been giving my options as my op should be in about 14 weeks.

In Cornwall we have the choice of:

4 pints of semi skimmed milk per day flavoured with no added sugar milkshake syrup or instant coffee if necessary

OR

have low fat yogurt (any variety)as much as you like
(eg muller light, shape feel fuller for longer, ski, fat free activia, weight watchers.

Plus with either option we can have water , tea (no sugar) no added sugar squash, sugar free jelly, coffee (no sugar) bovril or marmite, stock/bouillon, artificial sweeteners.

Hope that helps give an idea. Trisha

What I don't get though is it is 4 pints of milk ie limited but any amount of yogurts. I mean you could eat 100 ! And surely many of the low fat yogurts are quite high in sugar? Odd to me. I am going to opt for the milk one when my time comes as I like lists and limits and to know exactly what I am at.

I've been looking over my pre op and it's
1-clear soup,
2- sugar free jelly.
3- clear liquids- tea & coffee no milk or sugar.
4- bovril.
5- a portion of steamed, grilled or baked fish or chicken with green veg or salad.
6- NO bread, pasta, rice or potatoes!!!
7- 3 portions of fruit a day ONLY.

Drink plenty of water. Sugar free squash is allowed

But how much clear soup can I have a day? What is clear soup?? Some recipes would have helped!!

I had always wondered about the milk diet too! Coming from America-they don't use that one. I learn something new every day!

Hi all,

I know a lot of you pre-oppers have to do a 'Milk Diet' a week or so before the big day but I've always wondered what this consists of. Is it purely milk or milk mixed with something i.e Slim Fast? How does it work? And what are the side effects?

Thanks,

Em

Let me know which one you choose please as I am due to start mine in a week or so xx (oh, and good luck)

Back