• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Daughter leads the way

JO28172

I'm 2week out of surgery having made excellent progress so far. Amidst a load of questions last week my 13yr old decided she would like to try n lose some of her excess weight. So I'm now tracking us both which has obviously helped her as she's lost 2.5lb on her first week. Im so chuffed for her, all a step towards changing the bad habits I've brought my girls up with so far!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Good attitude from a very young girl ... just be careful though, Jo, as at her age
they can become obsessive & as she loses lbs she will want to lose more & more. Sure you will keep her straight, though. Is she just doing healthy eating? Exercise is better than dieting for the very young so long as they are eating correctly. Good luck to both of you, mwah mwah xxx :):)

She'll never get obsessive lol. Shes lost a bit of weight since shes had a horse which she has to see to daily, so been getting plenty of exercise in last couple of months...think she just thought healthy eating would be good so she's swapped crisps for rice cakes, pitta bread for bread etc..all good...we can share clothes one day lol xx

She'll never get obsessive lol. Shes lost a bit of weight since shes had a horse which she has to see to daily, so been getting plenty of exercise in last couple of months...think she just thought healthy eating would be good so she's swapped crisps for rice cakes, pitta bread for bread etc..all good...we can share clothes one day lol xx

Aw bless her xxx :):)

When my daughter was 13 she went up to a size 12 and looked chubby as she wasn't tall, she wanted to lose weight and told me she was going to go on a diet, i refused to allow her to and instead told her just to cut the cr#p out. She ate jacket potato beans and salad every day for the rest of her school life. In the evenings she just had a meal like the rest of the family but never ate junk. Once a week she had some sweets (her true love) She gradually slimmed down to a size 8. She is now 21 yrs old, 6' tall and wears a size 10. She eats well and is happy. Not as happy as me though! (I was always paranoid about my kids being fat like me.)

That's exactly it, cutting out the crap!! No secret packets of crisps, sweets, chips etc..! it's amazing what wrappers I used to find stuffed down the side of her bed!!

That's exactly it, cutting out the crap!! No secret packets of crisps, sweets, chips etc..! it's amazing what wrappers I used to find stuffed down the side of her bed!!

That sounds like how I was when I was young. Used to eat in secret becuase I was so depressed becuase I was being bullied a lot and had no-one to talk to - and then I got bullied more because I got even fatter. Having someone to talk to at that time would've made a huge difference to my life I think.

Bless her x

Mio ditto

Well it's all positive here, early days but she's doing good!! V v proud of her!!

I think years ago there was a lot more stigma attached to being a fat kid, now if you look at a group of kids it seems a t least a 3rd of them are very overweight.
It's a shame that people, whether adults or children, feel it's ok to make someone else feel inferior for whatever reason. Bullying is a shameful thing.

Ah she's fine, smiler of the class n everyone loves her...fortunately!! She has great friends both in and out of school...this is just her wanting to look better in clothes...x

when i gave brith to my son, i was adamant that he would not pick up any of my bad habits and my relationship with food. Ive always been so relaxed with him around food and never tell him off for not finishinh a meal. He eats when he is hungry and finishes when full. However, last week i went to see a medium and he said that my son is going to have "food" issues when older!!!! feel like i cant win but we will see. I think its excellent you both changing your lifestyles together, i wish you all the luck in the world!

Tam I think u are doing right by ur son. My parents were always on my case and therefore I used to eat in secrets and stuffed myself when I was 15 onwards. My mum always used to say if only u were 2kgs lighter u Wld be perfect then it was 5 then 15 and couples months ago it was 40! But the worse thing is when u look back on school picture I was not overweight just sporty looking and much taller than other girls. Then I stopped growing but relationship with food started to go badly and vicious circle was install :( so I hope I can do better by my children when I have them :)

Ok so it's her 3rd week and she's now lost 7lb! really pleased as she's the one controlling what she eats and not me. Rewarded herself tonight with a mini pizza of 303 calories..which in the grand scheme of things is hardly being bad bad!

oh bless her, shes doing great :) xxx

That's til she goes on her school trip to Belgium tomorrow!!! but I said to her to have what she wants (yummy Belgian chocolate too) so long as she understands she may not lose next week. can't believe she's still going strong!

That's til she goes on her school trip to Belgium tomorrow!!! but I said to her to have what she wants (yummy Belgian chocolate too) so long as she understands she may not lose next week. can't believe she's still going strong!
im glad you told her that, hopefully she wont grow up with food hang ups :) xxx

Back