• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day 3 Pre Op - Just took a shower!

sophie_mk

Morning all. Well it's day 3 after having my band fitted. I'm doing ok, although having lots of silent hiccups/burps which are very uncomfortable. Also just had a shower and found it absolutely zapped all my energy. Glad I'm clean though, the bandages dried off easily too. Have lost my appetite but having plenty of fluids such as tea, water and fruit juice. Aiming to have some soup and horlicks today to boost my calorie intake.
Do these symptoms sound normal and when do they tend to pass?
Sophie xxxx

Hey Sophie I had a shower yesterday too (well kind off... Washed my hair backwards so incisions wouldn't get wet!) back at uni today! I feel ok but I sometimes have hiccups which realllly hurt lol. Have a good day Hun xx

Yes hun, it all sounds totally normal. I found that things were much improved around days 5-7 in terms of feeling better, when you get onto mash and then foods you will find that the full feeling you have now will ease off, depends also whether you had any slight fill upon insertion of the band, in which case, you will also feel fuller at this point too (even without any fill at surgery, it does play a part in affecting hunger) - make the most of it lol

Ahh thank you. I did have 2ml put in my band when it was fitted. I am feeling very full just from drinks, really must sip and spoon sloooooowly! Do you think semolina is ok for 1st two weeks, I tested it and I can suck through a straw! Lol! If it is I will simply have a cambridge shake for breakfast, a cuppa soup for lunch and half tin of semolina for tea. x

i havent had a band so dont really know but can you have suagr free jelly and no added sugar angel delight ( i get tesco own) they go down easily and seem just to make a change from boring stuff xx goos luck

Semolina is unlikely to be on your providers list ...:eek: best to stick to their guidance, as every provider is different. Hope you are feeling good tho x

Well the nurse told me to have things such as milk puddings and I assumed that's what she meant? I think I will give my clinic a call later to clarify.

thinned down custard maybe, or blitzed semolina/rice pudding . . .but without blending it I would say its not liquid . . .thats one for your provider.

Maybe THG guidance has changed since I had my op with them but it used to be only liquids for the first two weeks. Their website also says that too. Did you speak to your nurse/dietician to get their input? It certainly got very boring being just on liquids during those first two long weeks x

Im on day five and counting down the days! never thought i would be so excited about mush! x

Thanks Flutterby, I've gone back to just soup and health shakes and will keep semolina till the next stage. The nurse I spoke to said it would be ok with extra milk in but I"m gonna leave it for now. Enjoying cup a soups and have found my taste buds are working better maybe? Not finding the liquid stage too difficult to be honest, even if I am having the same thing almost daily. x

day 10 onwards and i really wanted to start using my teeth again, to get rid of the horrid furry tongue and bad breath. first mushy food i had was mushy peas, mash and gravy ... heaven, i still remember it :D

Back