• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day 2 of my pre-op "milk" diet ~ a ?

top_kat

Although this wasn't a suggested option for me to follow pre surgery, and was suggested either "weight to go" (Im having my procedure done via Healthier Weight) or an 800-1000 cal low fat/cal diet, I started the milk diet yesterday as for me, not having the option of food works much better. Plus I love milk which helps.

So, I'm on day 2.

Yesterday, I couldn't even manage to drink the 3 pints, I had a couple of NAS jelly, and a yoghurt mixed in with the milk to make a smoothie.

But all I've had so far today, is half pint milk, a cup of coffee and a glass of NAS orange squash. I don't feel hungry, nothing is really appealing lol and I know that the point is that I won't feel hungry, but I wasn't expecting it to be so quick. Could it be the fact that I've been following a low cal diet for the past week which has played a part?

Also, any other suggestions for how I can squeeze in the milk, or whether if I am struggling with 3 pints, whether I would be better having semi skimmed milk, rather than skimmed milk, which would then even itself out calorie wise?

Anyone help?

TIA

Kat x

Well done, I'm day 10 and have been hungry every single day :(

For getting the milk down you - Are you having coffee? Make a milky one. Or make the milk jellies.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thanks Tracey.

I made a milky coffee last night and had it for dinner (I needed it then cos I had to cook DS his, and the JP with Cheese and beans smelled so lovely lol)

I will make some more milk Jellies I think, maybe that will help me get the milk in more than drinking it :)

What I don't want, is a repeat of my experience on LL where I got to the point where I couldn't even stomach 1 milkshake a day . . .

You can make milk jelly? It's really nice and tastes like mousse :)

Thanks Paula, I have made some and that was a way to get some into me yesterday LOL think I will have to make some more and eat more . . .cos I drink lots of water etc drinking the milk on top isn't easy. Eating it maybe the best way lol

I don't either lol will have to do some research.

I've had really bad stomach cramps this evening, and a pretty upset stomach . . .is that normal? Kinda thinking it maybe with just having milk and yoghurt . . .but is that what anyone else has experienced?

Hi Kat

I had those too around day and two, think it's just the stomach adjusting to not having solids. Still get them now and again but just not as often. They seem worse when I would drink something warm, maybe tummy thought something good was heading its way?

Thanks Bex.

Without TMI, they came on before the upset stomach but eased again afterwards. I've just gone to the shop and bought some lamb cubes as the Oxo are a no go for me, so at least I can have something hot LOL not quite the same of pizza and garlic bread which DS is tucking into and which cooking was a nightmare lol

I felt the same when I started it, especially when partner was eating nice things.

All you have to think of is that the end result of the diet is weight loss surgery

I can only imagine how bad it was cooking that, you can't get a more tempting aroma than garlic bread!

Day 1 and I so dislike milk!! Chewable calcium tablet has been repeating on me all day. Hope it gets easier

67jax said:
Day 1 and I so dislike milk!! Chewable calcium tablet has been repeating on me all day. Hope it gets easier

Tesco do their own brand calcium and bit D tablet, doesn't have the repeating on you factor. I have a pill crusher for when I'm post op

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I'm on day 3 of my milk diet which is full considering I'm lactose intolerant...lol. I have some lactose free milk but am using protein powder from H&B to boost my protein intake, I'm already taking multi-vitamins so hopefully that will give me a boost.

THG said I could do low fat, low carb diet upto 1000 cals a day instead of milk, thank goodness for that as milk just wasn't going down, I felt like my throat had clamped down to stop it going in. Has anyone else had this experience?
I really don't want to eat solids so will use up my left over LL sachets, and then do slimfast, yoghurts, soup and lots of water. That should get the liver shrunk. I'm down about 6lbs already (but did put on 3 this weekend by pigging out!!).
Trying to keep busy and do things that are good for me. Off for Colonic Hydrotherapy today, thought it might help, sorry if that's TMI!

I head into week 2 of the diet tomorrow and today would be my weigh in day, but changing it over to thursdays, I had a sneaky peak of a weigh in at the start of the week and I'd lost about 6lbs since starting the milk diet (4 days) and had lost 5 lbs in the week I did the low fat/cal, but would be nice if when I weigh in tomorrow, I've lost a stone . . .wish it could be this way all of the time, without having to resort to this. I know that I can usually lose it, and lose it well, but, it never stays off. hoping this band will assist me with that :)

I do feel like a water bomb tho, I can feel all of the milk and liquid squishing around, and yesterday I felt quite bloated. I picked up some dulcolase I think it is in £land yesterday and took one last night as I realised I hadn't "been" for ages and my stomach was feeling uncomfortable . . .but feel much better today.

Do find this diet easier when I am at work. Off tomorrow and friday so will need to keep busy . . .and OMG a week to go . . .

Holy Moly!

Headache started today had to take a nap it was that bad, slept for 4hrs so bloody sugar was low had to have some chicken bovril and a vanilla yoghurt. Feeling good though.

Day 3 done and dusted..........been keeping myself so busy that I have not had much time to think about it. Working the next 3 days hopefully that will help apart from the fact I will be cooking at work!!

I've just had a weigh in, end of my first week on the pre-op milk diet. I did do a semi low cal diet for a week before, but in these 2 weeks I've lost a stone and have lost 9lb on this past week of the milk diet

wooooohooooooo!

Another week to go, this time next week I shall be on the way to the hospital . . .but would be nice to lose another 5lb or so.

Back