• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day 4 of my pre op diet

mummykcb

and the headache has gone, but the dodgy belly is not going away. was told to just do a 1000 cal diet instead but now dealt with not having food for 3 days and really dont want any issues at surgery i am continuing with the liquid diet even if its making me feel rubbish because i want the surgery so badly i can deal with the rubbish feeling. only 10 days to go after today and i can do this.

Glad your starting to feel bit better x

Hopefully it will all start settling down for you . . . I found the 2nd week of the milk diet much better in terms of headaches, energy but also how my stomach felt. I'm not almost 2 weeks post op and still on liquids . . .have forgotten what food is LOL

Wont be long now :)

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better, could your dodgy tum be due to lactose intolerance?
I didn't drink milk because I don't like it so I had rice milk, but I had 3 yogurts a day and I had a bit of a dodgy tum too.
Why don't you have some sugar free jelly to supplement your diet, I was allowed unlimited SF jelly and it was listed under liquids in my pre op diet booklet.
Em xxxx

Have spoken to my patient care coordinator and she told me to just have 1000 cals a day. so i had 1 slimfast, 1 can of soup and a sachet of savoury rice. very happy to have had some solid food due to the fact i do have lactose intolerance, hence why both my boys have it.

Day 4 for my and glad to say I have none of those symptoms, however I am mildly lactose intolerant and I had those symptoms just from everyday drinking milk, I would really recommend lactose free milk! It tastes exactly the same and I no longer have any symptoms :)

Back