• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op diet

kanky

I've got my surgery in 3 weeks and start my pre op diet tomorrow. I've been given the very low cal one but I think I'd prefer to do the milk version and use slim fast shakes. Do I have to stick to what my surgeon told me or can I do the slim fast one?

I guess they recommend that one for good reasons but I guess you should ask if you can try the milk version but do it very soon as you say you start it in the morning! How long are you doing it for?

Give them a call. They put me on slim fast but I'm lactose intolerant (didn't know at the time) so after a week I was really poorly. Called them and explained and swapped to food. Give them the reasons you don't want to and see what they say x

Thanks for replying ladies. I'm going to give the food a try and see how I get on. I panic easily over nothing and obviously my surgical team know what's best. I'm on the diet for 3 weeks :(

Thanks x

I picked the 1000 low calorie diet as I knew I couldn't do/face 4weeks on milk in my case! I enjoyed the food one as afterall I would be eating food in much smaller portions after the surgery so it helped me to get used to it very good luck

Back