• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

day 5 post op

Hello everyone, well im on day 5 of the post op diet, getting sick of drinks so just made a yoghurt milk shake which is lush, some days i can stomach bovril, ovaltine and tea and other days the smell makes me feel yuk!.. is this normal, also have any of u had smells that u could stomach before but not now?? had to pull all the air freshners out of the plugs as making me heave, also always had a sweetner in my hot drinks and now cant stomach them just wonderd if any one else is feeling the same???
im coping ok only having one cocodomol 4 hrly instead of 2 now, but my speach goes and im like im on air, pains undercontrol, no weight loss yet scales must be broke!!!....
got another week of fluids only then pureed food and i cant wait, the only thing i want to eat is a cheese sandwich lol!! any way thanks for all ur support any advice on post op diets wud be great xx

Well come back post op . . . . pleased you are coping ok ~ you are doing well being able to down a yogurt milkshake so early – each day is different early on sometimes it is not only the smell of a food but the thought of eating it which makes you feel ill – tastes change – I am craving a salad ! I think your taste buds come alive for me even skimmed milk tastes fatty (I have to water it down) . . . I would not expect a weight loss just yet and patients is the key – one thing is for certain it will come. The cheese sandwich is some months away as yet babes as the bread is very difficult for bypassers to swallow and digest. xx

My tastes changed so much post op. The smell of anything sweet still turns my stomach to the point where i can only eat plain yoghurt and i'm now addicted to fish in particular Scallops.

hiya tutu i cud only drink sips of water for the first 5 days i loved tea but the smell makes me sick i never lost any weight for the first 4wks its just moving now i was panicing like mad at first so dont worry x

hi i'm 10 days post op , the fluid for the first few days got me really down and questioning why i had the op and is it all worth it . however on the 5th day i tried watered down tomato soup (never has tomato soup tasted so good) i had this for 3 days and now have half a really soggy weetabix for brekkie , a bit of soup for dinner and runner mash spuds for tea all with no problems , but now i feel better than i did just having the shakes

Back