• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 weeks post op and feeling down

MissB21

Today is my 5 week post op mark, i weigh in each wednesday. I'm becomming obsessed with the scales at the moment as i really dont feel like im losing much. My first week i lost 7 pounds but since then i have only really lost around 3 pound a week. Including my milk diet (16pound) I have lost 34 pound. I keep seeing others losing loads more and I am left feeling slightly disheartened.
I struggle to drink enough and food choices lately have been hard as i am on the go for work and stuff so i cant plan meals or prepare much as im not home.
I dont know what things to drink now as i have never been a hot drink person, i used to live on diet coke and squash. Since the op my taste has changed slightly and i cant stomach many flavour squashes so i need to find new things to drink....
Can anyone help with suggestions or has anyone felt like its not working properly???:cry::sigh:

Hi MIssB21, your weight loss is just about identical to mine. There are quite a few of us who are loosing at the same rate, or even stalling ..... and all is perfectly normal !!! We just have to stick with it. The benefits of a slower weight loss may result in less loose skin if we are lucky, but not a guarantee. Well done on your loss to date tho, your doing really well.

As for the hot drinks, do you like hot choc? If so Options may be good. milky coffee ?

I hope you perk up soon!
xxx

MissB21 said:
Today is my 5 week post op mark, i weigh in each wednesday. I'm becomming obsessed with the scales at the moment as i really dont feel like im losing much. My first week i lost 7 pounds but since then i have only really lost around 3 pound a week. Including my milk diet (16pound) I have lost 34 pound. I keep seeing others losing loads more and I am left feeling slightly disheartened.
I struggle to drink enough and food choices lately have been hard as i am on the go for work and stuff so i cant plan meals or prepare much as im not home.
I dont know what things to drink now as i have never been a hot drink person, i used to live on diet coke and squash. Since the op my taste has changed slightly and i cant stomach many flavour squashes so i need to find new things to drink....
Can anyone help with suggestions or has anyone felt like its not working properly???:cry::sigh:

Hi I am also 5 weeks, have u tried sugar free vimto I used to drink loads of robinsons squash but just dint fancy it anymore but the dilute vimto is good hot or cold! Also the small tins of weight watchers tuna are good for on the go! Worth a try! Good luck with ur weight loss!! Am xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Your weight loss is fine hun, dont worry, and good as if u loose to drastic it will have implications on your skin, try not to worry. I been drinking elderflower cordial, nice and refreshing, watered down orange and apple juice to is nice x

Back