• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day one and i'm a grumpy Bum!!

k8y bear

Fair Fat and over Fourty!
Am i right in thinking i can have jelly on the pre op milk diet? Did anybody cheat or feel that they wanted to?
It's only day bloomin one and i'm sooo hungry, how bad is that!!
I'm being a real grump at the moment.
I'm worried that if i'm like this at day one how the heck am i going to cope?? Is this normal?:sigh:

ooo hun i think its just while your body gets use to lack of food, come few days and it ll settle down and so will your craving of food... ( i hope) and yes ive seen on here loads of peeps saying there having sugarfree jelly... ooo good luck hunni xx

Hi K8y Bear,

The first few days are the worst and yes everyone will feel like cheating. You can have jelly and you can even use your milk to make the jelly. If you are anything like me you will quickly get sick of the jelly. I confess that on day one, I was a nightmare to live with and felt physical pain at not being able to eat.

I am on day 9 now and its much easier. I drink a large glass of milk when i get up and then make sure that I always have some sort of drink with me throughout the day. It's not easy but it will be worth it in the end.

Just remember that if your resolve slips that there are always people on here to offer a little morale support. :)

how did you get on sue? did you manage it tho?..... i wonder what would happen if you cheated they can tell cant they by your liver?.... x

Hi K8y Bear. I'm day 1 of milk diet too. Yes you can have sugar free jelly well I can on mine.

It's not too easy is it? but it'll get better. Don't let yourself get dehydrated and don't stop drinking tea/coffee if you normally do...you'll get headaches.
Charis xx

ooo charis! i forgot you were sooo close.. eeek exciting hey good luck lovely!!! xx

The diet causes your liver to shrink and because our liver is naturally quite large (even in people of ideal weight) the diet makes it easier for the surgeon to move the liver out of the way to access the stomach. I was also told that the milk diet reduces the possibility of bleeding although I'm not sure if thats true.

The only way i am managing to stay on the milk diet (day 9 currently) at the moment is by remembering the hunger pangs in the first few days and not wanting to go back there!

Just try to do your best and if you slip, don't give up, just start again.

ooo charis! i forgot you were sooo close.. eeek exciting hey good luck lovely!!! xx

Thanks Kelly my love. :D

It's tough but it'll be worth it. :rolleyes:

yep yep hun xx

Yes K8ybear you can have sugar free jelly... If you want to make it feel like a real treat pour a bit of one of your yoghurts over it or even make the jelly with 1/2 a pint of water and mix in one of your muller lights, it makes it more filling like a blancmange/mousse type! I used to make the blackcurrant jelly with strawberry or another berry flavour and it was a bit like black forest flavour :)

Drink lots, the more the better it will stop you getting a headache. Luckily for me i only did the pre op for a week as Mr Khan had a cancellation :) I did the food diet and was still starving lol, at one point i was considering eating my Trev as he has no carbs in him :) :) Keep the faith, think slim :) xx

i have to say i cheated loads i just couldnt stand the bloody milk, then i told them i cant do the milk and they put me on a low carb which i found was much better

It's all very well saying you've cheated loads but remember this K8ybear before you give into any naughty urges... Surgeons have been known to sew people back up without the surgery because their livers haven't shrunk enough!

Saying that i had an extra slice of bread a couple of days, bloody diet was harsh man :) xx

Ha ha, Thanks ladies, I have been eyeing up Damien, but dont fancy pulling hairs from my teeth for the next lifetime, as he is a real hair bear.
I know i gotta stick to it, and it's got to get better after so many days hasn't it? Ah well i plod on, i defo have to stick to it anyway as iv'e been told i already have a fatty liver......Arse,head,face,belly,legs and me camels toe, well, i wouldn't mind but it's like bull dogs jowls!! Its gotta go :wave_cry:

Hi there

Does it say on ur pre op diet sheet you can have it??

I know e1 means well but you should follow the diet sheet given by your provider as one provider will say jelly is ok and another one wont. Hoping not too offend anyone . xxx Good luck in your pre op diet xx

All the best - MeJulie x x

No it doesn't say Julie, and i haven't seen the dietician yet as they haven't sent appointments out yet, i've got my op date, just no talkthrough with anyone about the diet, Happy days. xx

No it doesn't say Julie, and i haven't seen the dietician yet as they haven't sent appointments out yet, i've got my op date, just no talkthrough with anyone about the diet, Happy days. xx

Well personally if it doesnt state u can have it then I wouldnt chance it . Its strange how these diet vary from person to person, my friend was under same surgeon as me and she was allowed Sf jelly and I wasnt, figure that one out lol, Good luck anyway k*y Bear x x

Have you got yur actual diet sheet K8y Bear?

If you're not sure, you could ring the dietician? That's what I did and she was dead helpful.
I also wanted to know about the post-op diet to get organised in advance and she talked me through that too.
I'm a strong believer in being as informed as humanly possible. It lessens anxiety if you feel you have some control.
Hope tomorrow's better for you.
xxx

Hiya,tried ringing the dietician on a few occasions today and getting nowhere soon!! ~There is nobody there to answer the call. Today has been rough, i feel lke throwing up, i can't stomach any more fluids and i feel light headed.
My legs are shaking and i'm finding it hard to stand up, i've got no energy, is this right?

Back