• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Only One Day To Go

Mrs Quiggle

Can't believe I've only got one day left. I'm very excited but on the other hand, I'm so worried too. How can you be so excited one moment and scared the next. Even though it's been 3 years coming, I'm in a state. Think that the majority of my worry is that I'm so sad that I wont be able to eat sweet stuff or fried stuff again. I suppose it's just hit me that I wont be able to eat scampi and chips in Wetherspoons on a Thursday night or taco's with sour cream and cheese or fish and chips or chicken kiev or jacket potato with butter and cheese. Even if they are in toddler size portions. I'm not so worried about the sweet stuff because I know I can cook lovely deserts using splenda and I'm not a chocolate person anyway. It's just the fried I'm more sad about, not being able to eat a piece of breaded scampi, 3 chips and the end off my husbands steak when we go out for a meal. I've heard that oven chips are ok but not sure what else is. What about fish fingers and stuff you can put in the oven like that.

I'd hate for you to think we only ate stuff like that, we do eat loads of good whole food, casseroles, roasts and veg etc but something naughty is nice now and then isn't it especially when you're out and it's all you can get.

Sorry for moaning. lol.:confused:

I'm very excited but on the other hand, I'm so worried too. How can you be so excited one moment and scared the next. Even though it's been 3 years coming, I'm in a state. Think that the majority of my worry is that I'm so sad that I wont be able to eat sweet stuff or fried stuff again.

I'm following you next week and I totally get it what you are feeling and I guess every other WLS person has felt similar just before their op. :cry:

I guess you have to re-evaluate what made you go on this long waiting journey in the first place and ask ourselves do we want to stay as we are or change for the better? Its a huge price to pay to give up on things we dearly love, :wave_cry: but I just keep thinking on the things I love more, ie my young son, my grown up daughters and grandchildren my husband and the rest of my family and also myself.

Ill be thinking about you tomorrow and I hope it all goes well and you are quickly on the road to recovery and splendid weightloss :) xx

Thanks Jen. I know I'll be ok and I want this so much, I suppose it's just hit me. I met with my friend tonight at the fireworks and she had a sleeve in August and was going on to a friends for fireworks and fajita's and she can eat absolutely anything but in toddler portions. It made me think, will I be able to eat a fajita etc. ever again. I'm having a bypass because it will be best with my diabetes, and I don't even want to find out if I sad and or not because it will be better if I do dump to stop me eating the wrong things so why am I and worried for goodness sake.

Well Monday is D day. Or S day lol.

I know how you feel as my date is Jan/Feb and i keep thinking i will never have ....... (mince pies lol) again and im trying to get my head into the right place, some days its ok other days im scared to death!
You will be so much better and have a far better life after the op, ok you may have a hard few weeks after but 2012 will be a wonderful year for you xxx

I'm excited for you Mrs Q - very best of luck on S day. See you back here soon after.

you are gonna be so glad you did it :) good luck, i'll be praying for you :) xxx

you can still eat a majority of the foods you eat now but just on a much much smaller scale but the urge for these foods will soon go away when you start seeing the changes that are coming and they will come...i wish you the very best of luck for your op and remember be positive and it will be over before you know it

:) Good luck for Monday mrs Q! I'm sure you will find your pallette change and those foods will no longer become a craving (not sure if I'm trying to convince you or me !!! :sigh:) The pleasure of the feeling of loosing weight and looking better will far outweigh the taste of "dumping" foods. it will be soooooo worth it! ;)

take care
xxxx

Not read all the responses, however things will become normal in a WLS way. Eventually you will be able to enjoy some of the things you do now but in moderation. To be honest I enjoy food more now, 18 stone lighter than I ever did. This is because it's fitted in to my life I don't fit in to foods life, if that makes sense! when you've reached goal and you will food will be your friend again with some rules in place!

Xx.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Good look Kate, you will be fine, I will be thinking of you tomorrow and when we are both recovered we can meet up for that coffee, sue xxx

Good luck for tomorrow and beyond xx
I don't have post op experience to contribute, but those that have (and more will follow) seem to be really happy with their lives and progress - that is better than a milion fish fingers!
I think worrying is natural, but you know in your heart you are on the right path.

you can still eat a majority of the foods you eat now but just on a much much smaller scale but the urge for these foods will soon go away when you start seeing the changes that are coming and they will come...i wish you the very best of luck for your op and remember be positive and it will be over before you know it

so true so very true and the soft innard of a baked spud with some light cheese mixed in will tick your protein and carb boxes and was lovely last night Mrs Q

go girl go seat being warmed on loosers bench for you as we speak

Not read all the responses, however things will become normal in a WLS way. Eventually you will be able to enjoy some of the things you do now but in moderation. To be honest I enjoy food more now, 18 stone lighter than I ever did. This is because it's fitted in to my life I don't fit in to foods life, if that makes sense! when you've reached goal and you will food will be your friend again with some rules in place!

Xx.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

wow thats what i think already at this stage am pinching your quote i like like like :D

Some of these things have crossed my mind and I have not even got funding yet lol

I was worrying last weekend, that it will be a big celebration and I wont be able to enjoy a big meal and just be healthy for the rest of the week.

Then I thought, if I was able to do that, I would never have got to nearly 27st. So the op is needed and if I get it, I will make it my best mate lol

Good luck for tomorrow!! I look forward to watching your progress on the losers bench :)

:cry:Am in tears now re-reading all your replies this morning in a good way of course. Thank you so much. It's just so good knowing you're all there.

I havn't gone to church this morning, Tim and the kids have gone but I wanted to stay home and spring clean so it's all done for when I get back. Can't stand the thought of coming home to a messy house especially as I wont be able to do too much the first few days and I know there will be visitors including MY LOVELY BOSS.

After lunch we're going to relax with a good film and a pot of tea and then later we are all going to my in laws for a firework party and BBQ (I'm having ww soup) and then the kids are staying there for a few nights while I'm in. There's a bus stops at the end of their road that stops outside their school so no problem.

Just got to pack my bag tonight, got my pile of stuff ready, PJ's, wash bag, baby wipes, lip salve, hairbrush, bath towel, magazine, SF barley water, DS, games and charger, Mobile and charger. Think that's all I need, Tim can bring in anything else I need. Luckily we're only about 20 mins from the hospital.

Not sure how I'll feel tomorrow, going to cross that bridge when I come to it but I'm pretty calm and 'ready' right now.

Thank you so much and I will up date you as soon as I can or I'll text SueBland and she can update you if she doesn't mind doing so. My Galaxy mobile is rubbish at internet out of the house.

Take care everyone.

Love Kate x

I'm just over 8 weeks post - blimey where did that go!- and I do dump, so I am careful what I choose. But The food I eat now is what I really fancy and I buy the best I can, bearing in mind that 3 scallops costs only £1.07 the other day and that was a meal for me I'm still cheap to run!!!

I had many sleepless nights pre op I assure you its quite natural, on the day of surgery though I was so calm - even my heart beat stayed low throughout - I completely trusted my surgeon and know it was "right"

Good luck tomorrow and congratulations in advance for your incredible success to come :):)

Mrs Quiggle said:
:cry:Am in tears now re-reading all your replies this morning in a good way of course. Thank you so much. It's just so good knowing you're all there.

I havn't gone to church this morning, Tim and the kids have gone but I wanted to stay home and spring clean so it's all done for when I get back. Can't stand the thought of coming home to a messy house especially as I wont be able to do too much the first few days and I know there will be visitors including MY LOVELY BOSS.

After lunch we're going to relax with a good film and a pot of tea and then later we are all going to my in laws for a firework party and BBQ (I'm having ww soup) and then the kids are staying there for a few nights while I'm in. There's a bus stops at the end of their road that stops outside their school so no problem.

Just got to pack my bag tonight, got my pile of stuff ready, PJ's, wash bag, baby wipes, lip salve, hairbrush, bath towel, magazine, SF barley water, DS, games and charger, Mobile and charger. Think that's all I need, Tim can bring in anything else I need. Luckily we're only about 20 mins from the hospital.

Not sure how I'll feel tomorrow, going to cross that bridge when I come to it but I'm pretty calm and 'ready' right now.

Thank you so much and I will up date you as soon as I can or I'll text SueBland and she can update you if she doesn't mind doing so. My Galaxy mobile is rubbish at internet out of the house.

Take care everyone.

Love Kate x

Of course you can text me lovely would love a text to let me know your ok, so then I can update everyone xx

Back