• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Day one and i'm a grumpy Bum!!

oooo dont eat it till you know! imagine setting yourself back over some jelly eeeeek x

Hi K8t Bear, The light headedness will pass especially if you work out your milk into 5 or 6 portions. This will ensure the calories/sugar you gain from the milk are used to reduce the peaks and troughs caused by drinking the milk too quickly.

The other thing you need to do is drink additional fluids. I know this is hard when all you do is drink but it will lessen the symptoms you are experiencing.

Am on day 10 now and find the weekends hardest as its when i am around food and when it is most available to me. Strange as it sounds, you get use to not eating and I have to admit that I find that a little worrying.

Just do your best every day, thats all you can do. Good look with you weight loss journey :)

annie that to happens to me, if i havent eaten in a while i just dont want to, must be the bodys way of shutting down i supposeonce it realises its not gonna get food.... eek

It's strange isn't it.

I told the dietician that I was great at not eating and she looked at me in disbelief, but seriously, after a while on this diet I'm finding that I am ok not eating.

I have lost a lot of weight this week and because of this I am being reviewed early (Thursday) to check that everything is ok. As strange as it sounds, I don't want to be taken off the milk diet as I feel so positive about my first significant weight loss in years.

Hiya,tried ringing the dietician on a few occasions today and getting nowhere soon!! ~There is nobody there to answer the call. Today has been rough, i feel lke throwing up, i can't stomach any more fluids and i feel light headed.
My legs are shaking and i'm finding it hard to stand up, i've got no energy, is this right?

How are you doing now K8y bear? I'm doing fine, but I'm splitting the milk up and drinking it as coffee every few hours + eating fruit and 2 yoghurts a day.

I have found myself feeling light headed a couple of times but then reckoned it was time for more milk!
I also felt a bit nauseous earlier today (but not too bad) it sounds like you're having a rough time of it love.
All the fluids are a bit tough too....but you need to drink plenty of water to keep hydrated.

Let us know how you're doing honey. xxx

Thanks for all the replies..Much love to you all...I'm a bit better today, day 4 and im not so hungry, so i assume it gets better than this as well, the hunger pangs at first are awfull, i have had to keep away from everybody, not only because i've been grumpy bum, but i thought i might take the odd nibble here and there he he he xxxxx

Hi K8y Bear,

It does get easier and you need to keep reminding yourself why you are doing it. I was told that you should'nt weigh yourself whilst doing the milk diet but I did and I used this to motivate me to stick to it. It will never be easy but you get through this. :)

my diet sheet said nothign about jelly either but when I spoke to my provider they said I can add it if I am hungry which was a silly statement as obviously we are hungry!!! Also are you having your bovril?? I could have one bovril a day to make sure your body has the salt it needs and to be honest it was nice at tea time actually felt like real food. Make sure your drinking 2 litres of water and taking your vitamins. I did the milk diet my first band but for the 2nd of I did the real food diet which was 1 slice of tast with marmite, 1 apple, 3 1/2 oz of lean ham and large salad, 1 diet yogurt, 70z chicken no skin and sleection of veg no potatoes, 5oz strawberries and it was much much easier!!! and it worked still as I had my op last week and it wasnt cancelled as my liver wasnt too big. It is very hard to do but scare yourself with the threat of your op being cancelled if he cant see the reduction in ur liver plus a good start to the weightloss. I had a band and the good thing for me is now I am eating so much less than the pre op diet but difference being I am full so feels so much nicer. Good luck and speak to your provider/dietician for the real food option if u think it is easier for you :)

:) Hi ladies, Thanks fo the advice, day 4 and i'm not as starved as i was before, still fancy somethin to eat but it's not as painfull. I feel lightheaded and dizzy a lot though, but i keep forgetting to get my vitamins, so i dare say that has a lot to do with it.
Lovey love love xxx

The milk diet sounds like hell and its the part i'm dreading the most, good luck to you hun, your nearly there, all the very best xxx

Hi Joanne, Don't let my whinging frighten you, I'm throwin my toys out of the pram because i can't eat, and it's eatin that got me here lol, so i just gotta put up and shut up, You might find you fly through it though. Do you have a date for surgery yet? xx

Back