• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

December 2014 Surgeries

Well the scales just got confused!!!! :)

I just keep accusing him of being too fat and heavy and breaking my scales.

Hi every one just wondering how you all are getting on weight loss wise and food you are all managing!!? I was 20 4 day of my op dec 22nd I'm 16.1 now so really pleased I can manage almost any food now just seem to have a problem with milk and some dairy milk based foods it makes me feel sick now I used to love milk I also do get a sugar dump so not much sugar which is good it keeps me in check! just intrigued as to where you all are with foods and weight loss having my gastric band took out and bypass being done was the best thing ever I am so happy no reflux either which was the main reason for the revision surgery!! Xx

Hi you're doing really well post op aren't you? Brilliant!
My bypass was on 10 Dec and was 18/2 on the day so in just over 4 months I'm less than 3 stone down but 7stones since start of journey in Sept 2013. Ive never been sick or had a dumping episode and not found anything I can't tolerate yet either. I did ask my surgeon last month at follow up if pouches can be different sizes due to being able to eat more than some others. She explained that there's 2 types of pouch she can make, a short thick one or a long thin one. In my case, where there are adhesions in abdomen from previous surgeries she makes a long thin one as she has to be sure that the divided intestine will reach high enough and not be pulled down by scar tissue. Weight loss is a bit less but regular . If it hadn't reached comfortably I'd have had to have a sleeve. Totally makes sense and stopped me wondering why I can't lose more than 2lb week!

Hi I saw the dietician today she's pleased with how things are going I mentioned about my nausea from milk and eggs she said that's fine as I'm taking the calcium and vitamin d1 that's in place of milk type stuff I'm going to try almond or soya milk what is the closest to normal milk?! I'm doing good with the weight loss I am slowing down a bit now I need to concentrate on protein then carbs then the fruit and veg! I'm just in to the 15 stones now so that's exciting and very nearly in the double kg figures depends on what scales I'm going by! ;) just wondering how all of us dec surgery by-passers are doing ? One thing I did forget to ask was when do you have to do your first blood test just intrigued if I'm deficient in anything my hair is fine touch wood also!! I'm sorry I'm a bit of a rambler things pop in to my head and I need to get them out!! Take care everyone will be good to hear how we are all doing! Xx

I had my bloods done in Feb, saw dietician in March and she said all was fine except zinc was low (explains hair skin and nails probs). I've to take supplements and then will have them done again in June at 6 month follow up x

I've had 2 follow ups with nurse and dietician since surgery. I haven't had any bloods done since straight after? Should I?

I'm not sure about the bloods just wondering really I feel fine but they must need to check any deficiencys we may have!! I tried soya milk today very different to cows milk but I think I can tolerate it in cereals at first then in time may be able to drink a glass of it ! Good old lidls! X

Yay!! I'm in the century club today!! Down from 22/7 to 15/5 :) :) :)

2lbs to go for me since the start of my journey.

Yes well done Marcus what a difference I bet you are chuffed to bits I am so far I wish I had it years ago!! X

Yes well done Marcus what a difference I bet you are chuffed to bits I am so far I wish I had it years ago!! X

On a plateau at the moment but I'll work on it next week. Have pushed the rules a bit the last few weeks while my partner has been visiting but he leaves today so I can be more strict for a while.

Hi all can I ask how folk have got on eating Rice , iv a couple of cook books where they give some lovely recipes for a couple of curries , however I cant seem to find any reference to cooking and having rice with them , im really not a fan of cous cous so that is out of the question , im sure I read somewhere that Brown rice is the best to have ,,,,.,,....any help would be much appreciated thanks

It's to early to be eating rice and pasta yet, but when you do try white rice first, the reason they suggest brown rice is because it's better for you and fills you up better for longer. Because it's a carb it will fill you up but you need to eat the meat/ proteins first. I have no more than a Desert spoon with a meal.

I was actually bypassed 31st Jan and I'm fine with rice and pasta. However no more than 2 tablespoons only because I focus on protein/veg at every meal and altho I have no issues I only have carbs now and again as a treat :D

I have a couple of spoons of rice with meals. I get strange looks here in China.

Hello everyone , hope your all well , now im after some advice ......im 2 weeks Post Op and the last couple of days iv been feeling weak , very faint when I stand up , and sickly alot of the time , tho not actually been sick . Could this be dehydration or something else ,,? Nowi do suffer from COPD that can count for some of the dizyness .............only having Phase 2 food .......but planning to start phase 3 tomorrow ,...pureed etc ..........any ideas or thoughts would be much appreciated .........im not in any pain by the way ......Thanks

Could just be lack of food,remember you have had major surgery ( like you need telling lol) and your body is now in starvation mode so when you stand up you will be light headed due to lack of food and fluids. The sickie feeling can be anything from to much water to not enough or drinking anything else your taking in. Just take it easy and don't rush things. That also means walking around standing up going to the loo and other activities. Plenty of rest, fluids and sleep. Only thing I can suggest. Apart from that how you doing, are you ok in yourself.

Last edited:
I see other monthly threads are doing weigh ins. Perhaps it's time to start it on here to help 'unslumber' December.

Today's weight - 117.6kg
Weight loss since op - 38.9kg
Weight loss since pre op - 45.7kg

Back