• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

December 2014 Surgeries

Good idea Marcus :) I'm still lurking here, read everyday but don't post as much.
My Stats:
Current weight - 132.2kg
Weight loss since op - 36.8kg
Weight loss since pre-op - 44.8kg (I went back to 177kg between pre-op assessment and start of pre-op diet. :( )

Crazy to think it's nearly May, May 3rd I'll be 5 months post op. nuts.

It's amazing how similar our loss numbers are

Hi Marcus and Dream, you're both doing so well xxx

I'm still lurking around too!! My numbers are:
Start weight - 133kg
Pre-op - 130.1kg
Today - 97.5kg

I've lost 55% of my excess weight now and I feel like a new woman xxx

Hi Marcus and Dream, you're both doing so well xxx

I'm still lurking around too!! My numbers are:
Start weight - 133kg
Pre-op - 130.1kg
Today - 97.5kg

I've lost 55% of my excess weight now and I feel like a new woman xxx

I've lost 51.1% calculating against an optimal BMI of 22.5 (although being the build I am it's probably a bit higher). I don't, however, feel like a new woman.

Haha you look like you've lost about 10 years! How's it going out in China?

Not too bad, still trying to cope with the food. Despite free food at work it's almost all fried/fatty foods so I need to limit it so eat at home a lot of the time.

Apart from that no problems. On a stall at the moment, will give it another week before trying a few tricks to get things moving again.

Well 3 weeks post Op and I must admit it hasnt been plain sailing ..........feeling very low in mood , no energy what so ever ......think im doing everything right food wise (as per notes gives to me by hospital , but one page seems barely enough) ..........had a jelly yesterday thought itd be ok as very low cal , how wrong I was , vomiting , giddyness and generally feeling Yuk .......I take it thats a touch of Dumping .......I didnot like that !!!! Knew it wasnt going to be easy .........no pain no gain !!!!!

Well 3 weeks post Op and I must admit it hasnt been plain sailing ..........feeling very low in mood , no energy what so ever ......think im doing everything right food wise (as per notes gives to me by hospital , but one page seems barely enough) ..........had a jelly yesterday thought itd be ok as very low cal , how wrong I was , vomiting , giddyness and generally feeling Yuk .......I take it thats a touch of Dumping .......I didnot like that !!!! Knew it wasnt going to be easy .........no pain no gain !!!!!

No pain, no loss!

Hello fellow December's, our 6th month anniversary is coming up shortly. My loss is still slow but half stone per month is ok as long as it doesn't stop yet. I'm 14-12 and size 18 so 5 lb short of 8 stone since referral. I have a lipoma on my leg which now looks massive in leggings because of my weight loss so I'm on waiting list for removal surgery :(
Anyway I'm going on a plane in a few days for a holiday; first time in a few years and hoping I can now put the table down! All the best everyone, keep in touch xxx

It will be interesting to se how my bloods are. Due to work commitments and travel I'll get my bloods taken after seven months but I had them done in early February so it's reasonable.

I've been advised I need a gastroscopy, however I'm not sure I'll be able to get one. I'll try.

It will be interesting to se how my bloods are. Due to work commitments and travel I'll get my bloods taken after seven months but I had them done in early February so it's reasonable. I've been advised I need a gastroscopy, however I'm not sure I'll be able to get one. I'll try.
how often do we need our bloods doing after the bypass?

I was told at 6months, 12 months and 2 years with the hospital then yearly after that with the gp.

My surgical team are insisting I have a gastroscopy, however I just can't afford one at the moment. I'll try on the NHS but that's a long shot.

My surgical team are insisting I have a gastroscopy, however I just can't afford one at the moment. I'll try on the NHS but that's a long shot.

This is sounding like one of the pitfall's of non-NHS surgery. If you needed a gastroscopy post-op after NHS surgery, I'd imagine they'd just do it.

How much does one cost anyway? Do you have medical insurance cover that will pay for it?

This is sounding like one of the pitfall's of non-NHS surgery. If you needed a gastroscopy post-op after NHS surgery, I'd imagine they'd just do it.

How much does one cost anyway? Do you have medical insurance cover that will pay for it?

I've been told HK$4500, which is about £400. I don't have any medical insurance as my company hasn't yet processed it. By my calculation they save £12/month by delaying. My medical bills so far have been just shy of £200, a lot of which was because I broke a bone in my foot and had to see two doctors, have two x-rays and buy crutches. Otherwise the cost has been for painkillers and appointments. The insurance reduces the costs by 50%.

Yay. 6 months post op today. Oh what a feeling... 6 months ago I struggled to fit into a size 32, now in an 18 and shrinking. Down to 123.4kg (19stone 6lbs), which makes it a 8stone 2lb loss so far since starting my pre-op on November 19th. Crazy. Wouldn't change it for the world. Off to get my first B12 injection later and find out my 6monthly blood test results, fingers crossed that the calcium levels have gone back to normal. :) Hope all are well! xx

Back