• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

December 2014 Surgeries

just want to wish all u december guys a safe op and speedy recovery. I know the lsd is realy hard but I promise its worth it. had my op (band) on 10th nov and so far it was the best desision ive made. good luck everyone x

Am I the next on December list?? Goodness, I've been coming on here every day since October last year and now it's finally me!! Oooooh :)

Good luck :)

Struggling a bit today. Work was busy and then sitting around with colleagues all eating was tough. 12 more days of pre-op and already getting sick of Slimfast shakes. Super hungry.

15 days in and I'm feeling so sick of veg and salads. Now I'm finding I can't even eat it. I'm happy with the milk/fruit/yog but just can't get the veg down . Not feeling well now,hope I'm not coming down with something this close!

Hi,

My Bypass surgery is on the 18th December, it is at QA Portsmouth hospital so I have just started my milk and yogurt diet buy im hungry already...

Thanks for adding me to your list

Val

On the Slimfast diet every other diet looks more appealing. Even if it meant skipping one Slimfast and having a bowl of vegetables.

Same day as me ;) exciting times

I'm one day before.

Do either of you care to communicate through whatsapp or similar? It would be good to communicate with someone who's going through similar experiences at the same time.

Hi Marcus, I hope you're ok & made it through today xxx

You can mix flavours of slim fast or make choc ones with warm milk (or warm peppermint tea) for a hot choc type experience. Not gourmet but might change it up a bit for you x

Hi , I have spent the last 8 months following others progress on this great site, patiently waiting and today out of the blue I got a call . I have been given a date for gastric sleeve 17 th December at Kings London , still in shock as previously told it would not be until end Jan , very nervous and better get on with Xmas shopping !! Oh and pre op diet.

17th is same day as me and Marcus I do believe getting a busy day lol yes christmas shopping is a must I'm struggling getting everything in ready and I started mid October lol! X

17th is same day as me and Marcus I do believe getting a busy day lol yes christmas shopping is a must I'm struggling getting everything in ready and I started mid October lol! X

I was first. Haha

Welcome to the 17 December clan. I'll update the list when I get home from work.

Love the peppermint tea idea.

One concern for post-op is working on half energy. Anyone swatted I on this?

I had my Christmas meal before pre-op. Will avoid any celebrations this year. Too close to the op.

Aww Marcus I wish you could have my veg and I could just have a slimfast. I had them for the last year but not allowed on our pre op diets! You can do it though, not much longer. Apparently I'm on purée stage from Xmas eve so I'll be lucky enough to have a blended bit of Xmas dinner.
Lynsayscott how did your op go love?
Congrats to new oppers in December. Welcome to you xx

Hurray! After my combined sleeve revision to bypass and gall bladder removal, I am finally going home!
Op was Tuesday at 4pm, it took 2 1/2 hours after which I was sent up to HDU via recovery.
Had a crap few days with extra pain from an accidentally stretched nerve, but all better now.
Good luck to everyone else having surgery soon, or recovering already.

Lynsayscott how did your op go love? Congrats to new oppers in December. Welcome to you xx

It went ok. It was quite long (4.5 hours) as I bled a bit. But i feel fine now, a little uncomfortable with wind but nothing too horrific, had a shower n some soup without incident.

BUT the got the dye they use to check you for leaks in my hair!!! It's green!

Back