• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

December 2014 Surgeries

Good luck to everyone who's taking their big step this week. Keep us all posted on how it goes.
I'm still waiting for my date - I'm on the by-band study and surgery is supposed to be within 6 weeks of consent to join the trial (which was 2 weeks ago this Wednesday). All my pre-op assessments have been done (15 phials of blood!) and swabs from places I didn't know I had.

Will probably give the team a call tomorrow and find out. Once I've got a date I can start to get my head around it all properly.

Really struggling to keep on the straight and narrow at the moment - I think I'm going to have to gaffer-tape my mouth shut. I find it much easier when I'm at work because I'm too busy to think about food too much.

Anyone had any advice on what multi-vits to get? I stood in Sainsburys yesterday getting completely confused - they all seem to have different amounts of vits and minerals which seems bizarre. Have any of you found a really good supplier and price?
Loads of luck Dinkadonka and Duncan.
(by the way Dinkadonka, my 4 year old daughter has fallen in love with the sparkly red dress on your posts and is currently drawing it for Father Christmas to bring for her!).

December is almost here and you guys must be getting excited.

Good luck to all going for surgery this month, I hope everything goes well for you and wish you all a super speedy problem free recovery x

Good luck to everyone else in December. I'm day 12/14 on pre-op yoghurts/water/1xNAS jelly. Looking forward to Wednesday. Got a trip out for a friends birthday on Tuesday, day before surgery, we are going to a restaurant, me eating my yoghurt and am paying for her birthday treat as we don't see each other much. So wish me luck, will be refraining myself from the menu, water only. Last day at work today till January, missing the whole of the busy Christmas shifts is a bonus! Everyone at work knows, (I work in a Mcds) and have been exceptionally supportive. As I left earlier the goodbye and good luck made me go all teary eyed. I love having such a supportive group of people behind me. Come on Wednesday, this week has flown by. :)

It does feel everyone else's pre-op sounds better but I think that's just psychological.

Best wishes to those having surgery tomorrow. I look forward to you all reporting back about your successes.

Latest gem from relatives.

"Why don't you just (always a condescending way to start) take the Slimfasts for a few months?"

Good luck to all this week who are having surgeries, look forward to your return updates :)

Also good luck if anyone e starting pre op diets this week. Mines not suppose to be for another week but I have a very busy week 3 parties for wed, sat and sunday so I have just decided to start a week earlier as I'm already a few pounds heavier. I did pre op for 3 days beginning this week lost 8 lb but it's gone back on really quickly just by me following SW and 1 treat night! I was very focused when doing it so I think best but I'm gunna ask dietitian tomorrow when I ring up with a few queries to be on safe side x

me too, One of my friends, said... So there just making your stomach smaller forcing you to not be able to eat that much.. So in reality if you had more will power you could just not eat that much yourself

That reminds me of being told I drink too much water and that makes my stomach bigger therefore I need to eat more.

I'm glad none of these friends have PhDs.

One of my favourite stupid comments is when people who helped me through my degree and masters tell me off for "pretending to be smart." I'm one of only two people out of over 100 known extended family to study at postgraduate level. However they consider me a failure as I haven't had a 'proper' job since leaving university and because I had a serious illness in that time related to the gastric band erosion (but it wasn't diagnosed until five months ago).

And I'm usually considered very laid back and easy going ;)

Well, I'm definitely a Decembererer. Surgery at Leeds on 31st December. Guess that's my new year resolution sorted then! Might even achieve it this year! Looks like my LSD will start on the 17th December. That'll be an interesting Christmas then!

Well, I'm definitely a Decembererer. Surgery at Leeds on 31st December. Guess that's my new year resolution sorted then! Might even achieve it this year! Looks like my LSD will start on the 17th December. That'll be an interesting Christmas then!

Ooo you pre op starts when I get op :D easy resolution next year lol x

Waiting to hear from DinkaDonka and Duncan. I recognise the first day is a tough one.

Best wishes to SuzeWard for tomorrow.

Thanks! Currently getting ready to go to hospital. And for some stupid reason have had a crap nights sleep and am on the verge of tears!
Hopefully will calm down in the car and am really looking forward to being gall bladder pain free after. Just going to have to get used to having a bypass instead of a sleeve! Hello dumping!

Back