• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

December 2014 Surgeries

marcusbm

Blood tests show a sharp dip in haemoglobin levels indicating possible internal bleeding. I'll have additional tests next week. Blood in stools has stopped but I still feel a bit dizzy.

marcusbm

Could be proctitis...good luck

The blood is dark/tarry, indicating its from higher up the digestive tract. Proctitis bleeding would be red.

Leda

Sorry to hear that you're having this problem Marcus. Really hope it can be treated as soon as possible. Best wishes for your speedy recovery x

buglady

Hi everyone hope all of you December surgery so are doing well ?!! Just a quickie I'm due to have my years checkup in December and this will include bloods but is anyone feeling constantly tired I'm eating well enough protein I'm taking my forceval daily and two calcicals daily I just wonder if my fatigue Is linked to an iron deficiency I as I said having my bloods checked in December just wondered if any one else is constantly tired?!! Yawn!!! Lol x

Kar8858

Hi! I had the same tiredness and in my blood test at 6 months I was found to be iron deficient. I take two prescribed tablets a day now and my level is now normal..it should have been 10 and was 5, it's now 12, I feel great! Good luck x

marcusbm

I'm having bloods taken regularly for anaemia tests. Three times in the last six weeks and I've been advised to have bloods taken again within a month. I was constantly dizzy yesterday.

At least the internal bleeding has now stopped but I've been advised I need another gastroscopy within five weeks. This could be difficult as I moved home yesterday and will move again in 9 days.

marcusbm

After a few weeks it seems I've recovered although it has meant going on a 120mg/day dose of Lansoprazole. Otherwise doing well.

I've noticed a pattern with my weight. It drops to a level then rises a bit for a few days and then stays there for a while. I then notice another drop and then the plateau level is around the previous low level. So now I just keep a record of the low knowing I'll be there again two weeks later. I hope that makes sense! But it's very slow now and I've stabilised around 99-100kg. Going back to my earlier posts I said my dream target was 99.9999kg so I can say I've achieved that. My refined target of 97.5 is achievable.

I also just made initial arrangements for excess skin removal next July. As it's too expensive in the UK I'm having the surgery in Manila, my partner will go with me as it's his hometown.

marcusbm

image-1797930169.jpg

Leda

Well hello to anyone still watching. I'm still stuck at loss even though I've taken up swimming for the first time in 25 years at the swimming baths and on the 4th attempt I swam 70 lengths so over the mile I only dreamed of achieving. Had hoped it would kick start the loss. My excess skin is depressing though, especially my arms and stomach. Hope to sort that if possible. Other than that, still fit and well, no problems and we're coming up to our surgiversary soon aren't we :)

Last edited:

marcusbm

I have been referred to the bariatric team at Swansea to investigate post-op complications. My appointment is on 9 November.

marcusbm

Set a personal gym record of burning 635 calories (not including weights).

Come home to a letter for an appointment with a surgeon.

Life tends to balance things...

marcusbm

I had my vaccinations and packed my passport.

Going to England this weekend.

marcusbm

How's everyone getting on?

I must confess that the excess skin issue dominates my thoughts now. I know I'll feel fat until it's removed.

mouse57

Sorry for jumping on your posts Marcus, but does anyone who's had a bypass know if there are any reasons not to have the flu jab. No point in banders answering because their immune system is different. Got the offer of free jabs at work don't want to bother my GP with silly phone calls he's got enough to do. Always took the offer before the op and it saves my GPs practice the cost which is always a nice thing to do.

marcusbm

marcusbm

Sorry for jumping on your posts Marcus, but does anyone who's had a bypass know if there are any reasons not to have the flu jab. No point in banders answering because their immune system is different. Got the offer of free jabs at work don't want to bother my GP with silly phone calls he's got enough to do. Always took the offer before the op and it saves my GPs practice the cost which is always a nice thing to do.

This isn't my blog, that's elsewhere. I'm just trying to keep the thread alive - December was a quiet month.

I had my flu vaccination a month ago, I can think of no reason not to have the jab, if anything we're still slightly more vulnerable to flu/infections while still recovering (even after ten months), especially those having complications.