• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Deciding on surgery!

Rachel89

I just had my second appointment at sunderland on the 17th... I've been given my weight lost target and ill see them again in 6 months. Plus side is apparently once on the list they have to operate on you in 6 months or they get a fine, usually its less than 6 months. Im stuck on surgery? Sleeve or bypass? Any help, did little research... Still stuck lol

I was bypass but changed as im pretty fit so no break neck rush to lose really fast and the benifts to me were much better but its personal choice, i had ruled the sleeve out but so glad i have changed :)
Its not easy to decided, good luck hun xxxx

The hospital think a bypass is too major for me as im only 22... Tjey think taking 4 tablets a day and an injection every 3 months for the rest of my life is bit drastic and limiting for my age... I was more for the bypass as i thought it was more permanent? They say i should either go for sleeve or bypass... But leaning more towards a sleeve xx

I'm a sunderland patient too - the waiting list is supposed to be about 4 months at the moment.

I'm going for a sleeve as I think the reduced stomach size will be sufficient but take your time to do lots of research as there's no hurry.

Best of luck x

Rachel89 said:
The hospital think a bypass is too major for me as im only 22... Tjey think taking 4 tablets a day and an injection every 3 months for the rest of my life is bit drastic and limiting for my age... I was more for the bypass as i thought it was more permanent? They say i should either go for sleeve or bypass... But leaning more towards a sleeve xx

Iv had a bypass I am 26 but was 25 at the time and 24 wen my journey began, don't think age matters hun, do ur research Nd go with wat suits u, I take 3 tablets aday and not needed any injections nor extra iron i needed iron at the start but now it's fine good luck with watever u choose hun x

eeee 4 months is fantastic!! Thank you all, i need to do more research. I still have a while, although when u have a deadline it usually flys by haha i hope so.... At the moment all i can think of is which will be better, will work more effectively and which ill lose the most weight fastest haha x

Hi I'm 24 and having sleeve at SRH, I didn't decide wot I wanted until my very last appointment with my surgeon b4 I went in the list. So don't rush xxx

Aww thats great, im from ashington. Just didnt think you'd no where tjat was... I need to investigate in some of the pre op diets i keep seeing. Heard theres a milk one n soup one lol xx

Good luck with wot ever u decide :) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Rachel89 said:
Aww thats great, im from ashington. Just didnt think you'd no where tjat was... I need to investigate in some of the pre op diets i keep seeing. Heard theres a milk one n soup one lol xx

I start mine on Tuesday. There's 3 different diets at Sunderland. Milk one, soup one and another one. They say if u haven't got diabetes and like milk u are advised to do the milk one so that's wot I'm doing u gotta do it for 10 days b4 ur op xx

Rachel89 said:
I've got ages :( lol. Nevermind x

It will go really quick for u, it doesn't seem that long ago I was at the first seminar and I have my op in 2 weeks. It sounds like a long time but it flys by xx

Just got my letter today cant believe it, thought it would take much longer. Only had my 2nd appointment on tuesday.... Anyway my 6 month weigh in is 8th august!.. :) x

Back