• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Decision made - im getting gastric bypass rny

BrandNewBubz

Finally made the decision to go through with gastric bypass. Did psych eval and nutrition eval, now waiting for insurance approval and my nerves are a wreck! I have been eating everything in sight, and having food funerals to say my last goodbyes to food. Is this normal?? Has anyone else done this?

Hi and welcome!
I have gained 4 kg. between surgeon visit and insurance approval. Lost them again on pre op diet.
Didn't really have the time to have funerals for all my favorites because pre op diet started sooner than I had immagined.
I'm six months post sleeve and eating "normal" food since month two.
I now know there was no need to grieve food.
Best luck!!

Oddly enough I was the opposite I knew I was going to have the op and knew that I could choose the day (within reason as I'm self funding) but once I decided to go ahead food lost a lot of its interest for me, I got phoned and offered a payment reduction if I took a date that was less than 2 weeks away and would need to start the pre-op the next day, my last meal was what I had planned to cook anyway chicken with veg, rather than a fancy meal

I was in a similar position, the day I booked my op I went straight into my pre-op diet, so no last supper for me. Looking back now I'm glad, there was no need as there's nothing I can't eat if I'm sensible and chew it well!

I also didn't have time to have a 'goodbye' to food - I got a call with my date and was told to start m,y diet 10 hours ago :-D

Good luck with your journey xx

as a fellow bypasser still waiting date here i have a list of food i must have 1 more time pre op only about 5 or 6 things but as they are sweet really want to get them in as dont want the whole dumping if i try post op good luck with your journey

Hey.. I had my bypass on 17th Oct.

I got "the phone call" and got my operation date really short notice.... so I had no chance to go and have (as I had planned) to have a HUGE juicy Tbone steak etc with my friends. Literally out of the blue, got the phone call to say come in for pre-op checks etc with days notice so I went straight onto the milk diet.

At the time I felt a little cheated, but as I had waited 2yrs for the op, and knew that life would be so much better, I resigned myself to it.

Well Im about 4weeks post op now and I lost 2st on the pre-op milk diet and have lost about 4st since. Have my first post op appointment on 21st Nov and cant wait to be weighed. I feel SO much better and have more energy than ever and I do not regret anything now... I dont miss anything - had a few cravings for chinese take away... but after eating so much bland (taste) food, it was natural to crave something like that I suppose... but honestly once you get your head around it all and have a better relationship with food, the better successful your op will be. I know its not easy, but I have to admit that I am SO happy - and I pray and wish you all the best. x

I had my op on Thursday, good luck with yours x

I am just over four months post bypass, and also didn't have a chance to say goodbye to food. After my consultation I went straight onto strong antibiotics for two weeks to rid me of a couple of v nasty lingering gastric bacterias. The ABs made all food taste disgusting and then it was one month of WW soup and Muller Lights only immediately after. To be honest I can't recall when I last enjoyed food in significant quantities. I guess it must be mid April... Don't miss it tho. I can now eat most things, but not much of them. I'm happy with that. Good luck with your journey. It was the best decision I made xx

Back