• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!
Welcome Mj i have not been on this site for long but one thing is for sure ,that the people on this site are all ways there for everybody that needs help,there is always good advice and any problems you have there is always someone to help.I hope things are looking better for you now I'm a long way of surgery and am all ready worrying about what i wont be able to eat after the op and what happens if i start dumping.the one thing i do know because of this site is my life will be a lot better and those things are out way-ed by the pluses.I hope everything works out for you and remember your not on your own were all going through the same things at different stages .Good luck mate and im sure the fairy's will be watching over you

awww group hugs!:grouphugg:spread the lurrvvveeee! lol
welcome to WLS MJ! everyone is so luvly on here and as youve probably seen when looking about... theres always someone who knows just how your feeling and can offer a helping hand - im sorry that life has thrown some realy tough hoops at you in the past but it sounds like you have come through them fighting. i hope you have settled some of your insecurities with the help of our fellow member on here! i too am a little nervous but at the same time i can wait for a new slimmer me!
heres to lots good luck coming your way and ill look forward to following you on your journey , take care xx

Hi - Well I am just about to embark on the milk diet and am a VERY nervous 'pre-opper' but reading your post and everyones replies has made me realise how much support there is on here and what lovely people they all are. I have been thinking about this for over a year and have only just plucked up the courage to go ahead but now I have made the decision, although scared, I am determined to make the rest of my life better than the last twenty years of never ending yo yo dieting, each time ending up a bit bigger than I was before.

You sound an amazing person who has already gone through so much more scary stuff than this. I do think that the consultant you deal with has a great deal of influence on how you feel about everything - just the way they explain things can make such a difference. I am a coward but although I am scared I am also inspired at the prospect of being healthier and I have my consultant to thank for that. :D

Your not a coward.....If you were not nervous and a bit scared Id say you were not fully prepared. It is a scary thing to have a major op but by researching and being fully prepared you can help with those nerves. Just think, there are people here who have had bad complications but as far as I know they ALL say they would do it again :D Just remember that when you get nervous, thats what I do...doesnt stop me getting scared lol, but it helps put it in perspective :D Good Luck with the pre-op diet. X

Hi MJ, you will get loads of support on here, I am pretty new and I have had loads of support, good luck with your milk diet, take care, Karen x

hi huni and welcome. just a comment on something you mentioned, about slow release morphine, i am on slow release morphine, and they do work, but ive found that they just dont work quite as well, its as though you would need a higher dose to do the same job, im trying to manage on the same dose, as i dont really want to go any higher unless i really have to, up to now im managing okish. but there again, everyone is different, but dont lose hope that they wont work, its all trial and error. good luck, and once your on the other side of your op, you'll realise that its all worth it. hugs x

Dawny, have you tried opening the capsules and sprinkling the contents on a teaspoon of yoghurt and seeing if that has any effect at all, what is your dosage i am on 240mg a day at present?

For all of you pre oppers i'll tell you it as it is! After your surgery (please bear in mind i am one of the Walsall Massive Post oppers and we do it 'old style' with a blooming 8 - 10 inch scar down on mid-riff) the worst possible pain in the world is the wind pain. Because they put gas inside of you i'm guessing. For a week or so it's hard to get comfortable in bed, but if i've said it once i'll say it a thousand times '' Each day is better than the last'', any post opper will tell you the same xx

I agree absolutely Julie!

Oh and re: the dumping: it's unpleasant yes: but provided you're careful it doesn't happen often(not to me anyhow) and you learn how to prevent it. I can't say I like it......but knowing it's keeping me away from chocolate, cake etc etc etc.....
........it's part of the bypass I'm honestly very grateful for and wouldn't be without. Not everyone dumps....and from what I know, those that don't wish that they did!

Hi MJ im glad like me you are finding this site a supportive virtual hug! have you thought about attending one of the support meetings in your area? you get chance to meet and talk to people going through the same feelings etc.

Hi and welcome to this fantastic forum, i really think you will find all the help and support you need.
Good luck with your wls journey Marie.:welcome2:

Welcome MJ and wishing you every good wish on your weightloss journey, sending loads of love and hugs in your direction!

Bev xxx

Hi MJ
Welcome to the site, everyones said it all really so nothing to add just wanted to say Hi and good luck with your journey
X Dawn

I don't know if anyone is aware, but my parents are telling me there was a man on tv last week thats had the surgery, he has come out and said hes fed up with everyone saying positive things about the surgery, he had it and has had nothing but pain ever since, i have not heard any comments like this, so could it be something he has done wrong, i did not see the interview myself, thoughts please?

Hi everyone, i am going through the process to have the gastric bypass, i talked with my GP and other professionals and carried out lots of research and have been fine with all aspects, i have just been for my 2nd appointment, the one where you see the nurse/dietician/phsycologist and they start you on the LCFD (aka milk diet) and as a result have left terrified!
This is so not me, I have been extremely positive all the way from initial referral some months ago through the 1st appointments right up until todays appointments, its silly things frightning me, I'm ok with the milk diet although worried about hunger, I'm worried about the fact i will no longer be able to have any fizzy drinks ever again, I'm not a big drinker but on a hot day i enjoy a glass of Magners cider, the dietician went on to tell me about dumping if i eat something with too much fat, too much sugar, too much protein, not chewed enough or swallowed too quick, its a minefield, I've started to doubt i will cope and all of a sudden i am struck with panic, i dont have any friends to talk to for support so i've trawled forums researching, did anyone else suffer with these problems or emotions? and if so what happened? it may appear I'm a bit of a wimp! but believe me nothing could be further from the truth, after 18 months in hospital i told a consultant to amputate my leg which he eventually done under a local, i made that decision with none of the feelings i have over this, and that was a limb, thats how bad it is, I am aware that the gastric bypass is a huge decision and a life changing event, i thought i was prepared, why all of a sudden has my resolve collapsed and why at this point? please any help or advice anyone can offer will be greatly recieved.

My Thanks

MJ

Hi, I remember that appointment well and it does leave you quaking in your boots. I felt like I had gone through the wringer and whilst the health professionals were helpful I did however feel like I had to prove my worth in respect of the surgery.

I have had one appointment since then to confirm that I achieved the desired weight loss and then today I met with the surgeon and anaesthetist which was 53 days after the triple appointment.

Todays appointment was much more supportive and the staff at your hospital are very supportive and helpful.

Try to limit the pressure you put on yourself, this is a challenge and a change for life. Be kind to yourself and take this at your own pace. You're no wimp, this is no easy option and in this respect your wishes are the only ones that matter. xx :)

Back