• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Decision made - Marz's sleeve diary

It's so humbling to go to bed now thinking of the positivity this year promises. There is so much to be thankful for. I felt so energised that normally I would have chosen to have a fry up in celebration but with the sleeve I chose to cherish the moment and the feelings that were associated with it.

Have a wicked new years day!

2 NSV's - my joints no longer creak as I go up the stairs AND I've stopped snoring (i think).

I like this post ^^^^^one of my goals is to ease joint popping and clicking especially in ankles and knees.

I like this post ^^^^^one of my goals is to ease joint popping and clicking especially in ankles and knees.

The funny thing is that I haven't lost huge amounts yet but I definitely sense a difference. I hope it happens for you soon beep!

Thanks my lovely. I have a huge amount of weight to shift and unsure if the damage is permanent yet.

I've started soft foods today. Checked online and some surgeons move people on week 3 so decided to because I was so tired and was struggling with protein intake. It went down fine and out the other way. Not sure if I'll tell dietician that as might compromise my surgical cover...

I've started soft foods today. Checked online and some surgeons move people on week 3 so decided to because I was so tired and was struggling with protein intake. It went down fine and out the other way. Not sure if I'll tell dietician that as might compromise my surgical cover...

Marz....you really shouldn't lie to your dietitian about what you're doing. If you were to experience any problems and need to go back to them for advice they'll then be advising based on false information.

If you felt safe enough to disregard your team's advice on move on to soft food early then tell your dietitian that you've done so and have no ill effects. They'll be able to advise you on that basis and may simply say that what you're doing is fine.

Lying to ourselves and others about what we eat is what got most of us in the position to need surgery. Surgery is just part of the puzzle, the other part is fixing the mental issues around food. It's the time to be brutally honest with ourselves and our surgical/after-care teams and honestly, if we don't do that then we're not really addressing some of our mental issues around food and that may lead to issues and weight regain further down the road.

Marz....you really shouldn't lie to your dietitian about what you're doing. If you were to experience any problems and need to go back to them for advice they'll then be advising based on false information.

If you felt safe enough to disregard your team's advice on move on to soft food early then tell your dietitian that you've done so and have no ill effects. They'll be able to advise you on that basis and may simply say that what you're doing is fine.

Lying to ourselves and others about what we eat is what got most of us in the position to need surgery. Surgery is just part of the puzzle, the other part is fixing the mental issues around food. It's the time to be brutally honest with ourselves and our surgical/after-care teams and honestly, if we don't do that then we're not really addressing some of our mental issues around food and that may lead to issues and weight regain further down the road.

True - I might ask her what she advises and not necessarily tell her I've done it. It's my TOTM, because of the clexane it's quite heavy and I'm tired. Sleeping like a log and am due to return to work.

They said start vitamins etc in a month - might ask her if I can start early.

Can I just say, it's reassuring to read about he mental struggles you're having and to read the responses, as I'm still pre-op and knowing myself, feel concerned that I will be doing the same and trying to rush things. It's going to be tougher tan I thought. Your experiences are highlighting that for me. Your honesty is refreshing. But do try to stick to the rules, lol xxx

SHAZ I think it's tougher for most of us. We listen to the surgeon telling us it is only a tool that we must do the work. But I think no one understands what this really means until we at on the journey. It is tough. Very tough. But the results make it

Attachments

• image-719236953.jpg
    image-719236953.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 14
Marz you should be taking centrum fruity chewables vitamin from the start, you just suck them. Make sure you take your anti acid too.

SHAZ I think it's tougher for most of us. We listen to the surgeon telling us it is only a tool that we must do the work. But I think no one understands what this really means until we at on the journey. It is tough. Very tough. But the results make it

Totally agree, it is hard! I've spoken to people who think it's a matter of just getting an op and then forgetting about it and magically ending up thin forever more. My post-op plan was 2 weeks liquids, 2 weeks puree, 2 weeks 'soft and mushy' and then moving on. Trying to tick the boxes on what to eat, getting in enough protein, getting in enough liquid, not consuming too fast, not eating and drinking at the same time etc etc was a total mental juggling act that often left me feeling emotionally exhausted and wanting to avoid food just to avoid having to think about it.

Ultimately I know I'll have slip-ups and either forget to do something I should be doing, or do something I shouldn't be. After all, nobody's perfect. However the main thing is honesty - I made it my mission the first day I stepped into the surgeon's office for a consultation that I'd be brutally honest with the medical staff and myself so that when I did slip up, at least it'd be easy to diagnose what happened and why.

I asked her in so many different ways if I could move on to soft foods she said no categorically ( with consideration). She did tell me to start vitamins and supplements though. I took them but ended up vomiting half way through forcival. Not sure I'll try that again it was disgusting. That's the first time I've puked since the hospital. I didn't eat anything naughty ... I'll stick to soups since she was so adamant.

Hey Marz

You did the right thing and if your provider was adamant that you stick to the eating plan they've given you, that is what you should do.

Are you able to phone them up and tell them that the Forcival makes you vomit? I'm sure they can suggest an alternative if you do and that'd be far preferable to not taking anything.

I'm on Forceval too and its yucky but Its the prescription based vitamin recommend by providers due to the values of each vitamin. However I have soluble and I'm going to ask for tablet form next month.

I'm on Forceval too and its yucky but Its the prescription based vitamin recommend by providers due to the values of each vitamin. However I have soluble and I'm going to ask for tablet form next month.

Thanks for all your advice, guys.

The problem was I was so tired last night and needed to take them and sleep - so I dissolved them in 100ml water so it wouldn't take an hour to drink... But even then too concentrated or perhaps drank too fast. Didn't try today. I don't have the time to sit there drinking. Stuck to soups today. Life is so much easier when working. I don't have time to think up reasons why I can eat.

Its fizzy so you need to wait till it stops, I stir it to get rid of the fizz and I dilute it more than it says as its foul if you do it too concentrated

You're not allowed to crush the tablets instead of dissolving and disguise them in a spoon of yoghurt or something?

Its fizzy so you need to wait till it stops, I stir it to get rid of the fizz and I dilute it more than it says as its foul if you do it too concentrated

That's good idea. I might try that when I have an hour set aside. Life would be easier if it was just a tablet. You're right that the fizz was still in it when I drank the first few sips. Foul.

You're not allowed to crush the tablets instead of dissolving and disguise them in a spoon of yoghurt or something?

Doubt it. Yoghurt must have some water in it which it would mean it would sit there fizzing. It was so disgusting puking it out, that I'm too traumatized to try that again any time soon. Maybe it can be disguised in something else..

Back