• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Decision made - Marz's sleeve diary

yes I include everything. I'd like more calories but I don't lose weight lol!

Well the weight loss has stalled, lol. I was just going to wait it out but lowering calories makes more sense. Maybe I need a counselor after all.

So I've finally managed to have a day under 900 cals and less than 70g carbs. I was also motivated enough to do 20 minutes on the cross trainer and it felt good. If I had my trainers on I could have kept going I think.

Technically I should be in deficit I'm hoping I can break the stall in a couple of days if I keep at it.

Keep chin up. I have had different surgery to you but only have a mX of 800 cals and I don't feel left out at meal times. I eat 100g of yogurt for breakfast ( natural with or without 2-3,berries chopped and nuts) or 2 boiled egg whites and half a slice of toast, a small flask of homemade soup (homemade so I can see what goes in) or 3-4 water baked biscuits, ham, few nuts. Evening meal chilli, half a small jacket, chicken in gravy, chicken in pepper sauce, chicken curry, homemade burger infact anything just small amounts. Drink wise 1-2 milky drinks, 4-5 pints of water, 2-3 week black coffee all my food depends on my protein and fluid ensuring I intake minimum of 60g a day protein so fluids change daily may need an extra milky drink to boost. Some days I've got to 80+ g of protein, I'm just paranoid about hairloss so want to do as much as possible to keep protein levels up as I was told it will help.

I had forgotten about the link between hair loss and protein! Thanks for the reminder.

Today was a good day too. 950cal with minimal carbs and drank around 2 litres of water.

I had forgotten about the link between hair loss and protein! Thanks for the reminder. Today was a good day too. 950cal with minimal carbs and drank around 2 litres of water.
fantastic, well done, don't forget we must have carbs my nutritionist says between 50 and 100g a day army stage.

Keep checking your protein as its a huge part of diet

I'm so happy!!!! Finally broke the stall!!!! I was beginning to wander if I was one of those people who the surgery just didn't work for. It must have been the carbs and overall calorie count, being too high. My carbs were between 100-120, now I'm trying to keep it at below 70. I'm going to stick to all the dieticians advice as I don't want to go through that again. Although it was then that suggested my max could be 1200... Oh well at least I know what to do when I want to maintain :). Thanks for the support.

Well done. X X

Its a fantastic app.

Little bit worried about tomorrow's weight. I didn't poorly today but passed 1000 cals and wondering what the consequences will be.... Exercised a bit and really enjoyed it. Family joined in. When I had head hunger I made a salad and had some sugar free dilute juice then some jelly. Weekends are rough.

Doing well today. And managed to fit in some exercise again, which I enjoy. Low on protein about 30g today, but wondering if that's something I should be worried about.. My overall calories are about 800 so I'm going to keep it at that. I'm not hungry. Life is good. :)

Check your discharge notes Marz as mine states 60g minimum on protein.

A little tip I was given - eat the protein first, no matter what's on the plate. I used to eat from least preferred to favourite - ie veg to meat - now it's meat, veg, carbs. This way if I get full after protein and veg I know it's ok not to eat the carbs.

Also if I feel I need a little boost I will grab some ham from the fridge, rather than anything else. I have no problem getting the protein in :)

Back