• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Shaz's Sleeve

Lady Shaz

Well, almost 2 years after I was first referred, I've just had a date come through for my sleeve...... and it's only 5 weeks away. So I have 1 week left of 'normal' (or abnormal, depending on how you look at it) eating before I start the LSD.

I'm excited and terrified. I weighed 127kgs at the start of this journey, I'm around 119 now.... Though there's a chance that might go up this week as I am going to indulge in a few final treats.

I feel very grateful to have been offered this on the NHS, as I know I'd never have afforded it on my own. I've never felt majorly depressed about being big, it does bother me, but it doesn't bother me the same way it does others. I feel quite ok with how I look, it doesn't stop me doing most things, I'm a fairly confident, bubbly person, though I know I would have a much more fulfilling life without carrying this weight around. My main reasons for doing this are health reasons. I'm on tablets for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and I have very poorly managed type 2 diabetes. I feel like a ticking time bomb and I just want to get healthy. Plus there's an active, person inside me, dying to get out.

So any tips on coping with the LSD and the early weeks post surgery will be gratefully received. Xxx

Good luck I'm getting sleeved in the next few weeks to and I know how you feel lol x very best of luck stay in touch !

Good look! I'm getting sleeved in 3 weeks.
Like you my reasons are health related too.
I'm trying not to go mad food wise before I start the milk diet but I'm being mindful of having certain foods for the last time which is helping me feel very positive whether coming changes rather than deprived.

Lots of luck !
Start you own diary on here , it helps a lot to keep your thought, food plans and general questions in one place where you can look backseat them any time ..
Mindy
Xxx

Back