• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Decisions, decisions, decisions!!!

Meggie

This may seem like a strange question but, with funding in place, what is the likelyhood of the consultant (and team) turning me down for the surgery or sending me to do 6 months weight management first? I have my first appointment with my consultant in 9 days (woohoo!) and was told yesterday that my funding is in place (thanks Lorna and Camden PCT!!!). I know there are lots of factors that go into this decision for them but do you think they are likely to turn me down even if I have funding in place???

I would think you will have no probs.I have been on weight management over 12 months and see my surgeon again on 25th September.Hoping he puts me forward for funding then.He said if my bmi is 45 by then I will get the op.I have lost and gained twice in this time.Plus my incontinence,back pain,hip pain and cellulitis have all worsened.Have now found out that being over weight is not helping the pressure in my 'bad'eye...another reason to shift this bulk!

i would of thought it would be highly unlikely that they would turn you down hun, you've jumped through their hoops and now you have funding they will look at you as another client willing to pay for their services.

Unless there was an underlying medical reason not to proceed I can think of no reason they would say no. Your GP will already have told the PCT of your previous attempts to lose weight so it would be unlikely of them to send you to a clinic.

Worry not you will be fine. Whoop whoop go girl the losers bench awaits

Wooohooohooo thanks everyone!! I can't wait until the 7th of September now as then I'll have a rough idea of the time-frame to expect. I remember them saying something about 4 months at the group meeting but I can't remember whether that is 4 months after consultant meeting or after all test results are in!! Guess I can ask them then!! I have been lucky so far as everything has moved quickly!! I hope the next steps in the process are just as quick!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (kisses for everyone for all of your support!!!!!)

Back